00

Hey Readers!
I am back to writing and publishing stories after a well-needed break; I find that taking breaks slays writer's block ;)
It has also given me time to think about story and plot ideas.
This story is one that I have actually been writing ever since the beginning of 2015, however, I wasn't sure whether or not to post it. It's been my own personal Nalu project and has allowed me to express many new and different emotions. My biggest hope is that you all enjoy it!
-----
Summary:
The brilliance of the setting sun's rays illuminated the vast, open meadow and the crystal clear ocean. Pastels of oranges and pinks painted the sky, the fluffy wisps of clouds standing out among it. The cardinal's cheerful song rang through the air in perfect sync with the chirping of the bugs. It was perfect.
Finally, after the long but enjoyed silence between the two, Natsu looked up from the rippling waves of the sea and back to the sun, a smile gracing his face. "You know," He began, earning Lucy's undivided attention, "when I was a kid, my father and I went ashore in Jamaica for a supplies trip. In the market place, there was this old man with some birds for sale. They were bright yellow with sort of green patches. I was so decided on taking one back to my Grandmother in Saybrook, but my father explained to me that it wasn't meant to live up there, that the native birds wouldn't welcome it... that it wouldn't belong."
Lucy was utterly confused at that point. What was he even talking about?
Natsu seemed to notice her troubled look and smiled warmly, turning back to the ocean.
"That morning we left you here, on the way back to the Dragon, all I could think about was that bird."
The blonde haired girl beside him smiled. 'Could he not just admit he was worried for me?' He really was sly.
--
When Lucy, a young, noble girl from the islands of Barbados, loses her Grandfather to a deadly sickness, she's left with the one option she never thought she would have to consider: moving in with her Aunt and Uncle overseas in the quaint town of Wethersfield, where the Witch Trials are currently taking place.
She secures passage on Captain Dragneel's ship and endures the long and eventful trip to her relatives, meeting memorable people along the way.
Upon arriving and trying to adapt to her new life with her strict Uncle and adapted cousins, Levy and Juvia Dreyer, Lucy flees to Blackbird pond where she meets the poor widow Porlyusica. This woman's tiny cabin in the meadow becomes Lucy's safe haven as she stumbles through the difficulties of this new and difficult life.
Feelings develop, others are discovered to have always been there. Drama brews, hearts are broken. Lucy faces the weight scale of life or death in defense for her own friends. And through all of it, a heart-stopping realization claws wildly at this young girl's heart.
She may be falling in love with her best friend.
-----
Tah-dah! I'm really bad at summarizing so I apologize.
Before I post the first chapter, I need to make a few very important things clear.
1) The original plot, storyline, and title do not belong to me. It belongs to its original author, Elizabeth George Speare. This is simply a reprised edition featuring the characters of Fairy Tail, which belong to Hiro Mashima.
2) By using the storyline, I am not committing plagiarism. I have read the book several times and only refer to it for details, not sentences. :)
3) There will be references of crack ships such as GajeelxLucy, GrayxLucy, and GajeelxJuvia. Please understand that these are there in order for the right couples to end up together :) This is a Nalu story with slight Gruvia and Gale.
4) Porlyusica will be very OOC considering the original Witch of Blackbird Pond widow character loves children, whereas Porlyusica does not. I will try to involve her natural personality, regardless. ;)
5) Gajeel's character and personality will not be like it is in the animation. Sorry about that! It's awkward to work with, but it has to be done to satisfy my inner GaLe (and all yours ;).
--
Now that that's settled, last regards.
You may refer to me as Dylan if you like :) We are all the same in my book and I'd love to just talk with anyone for any reason! (I am also a female, despite my unique name ;)
Chapters may be slow because my school is overflowing! I will try to get them up often and consistently.
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare is one of my favorite books and can be found on Amazon. It is a mild love story between a sailor and a plantation owner. It's an amazing book and I definitely recommend it!
Constructive criticism is accepted and appreciated :)
Thank you all for reading, now, lets get on with the story! ☞
-----
-Dylan♡