12. Rolling Hill's and The Savior

Lachlans POV

Rolling hills filled my sight, the ever lasting view kept on going forever, white fluffy clouds specked the beautifully coloured blue sky, I couldn't leave the gaze of the beautiful view, it reminded me of something I just couldn't put my finger on. 

Wind blew through streaks of my blonde hair as I breathed in the crisp cool air a genuine smile spreading across my face.

Birds flew away from me into the sun that glowed warmly over me, everything seemed perfect.

I plopped myself down onto the long green grass that surrounded me and laid down enjoying the warmth of the sun and the coolness of the earth on my back.

The sun got into my eyes blinding me, quickly I raised my hand blocking  it suddenly I realized the grim harsh markings on my pale hands, in hesitation I slowly stood up realizing the harsh dark contour lines trailing up my arms.

Then it hit me, the gust of cold bitter wind, looking up to see nothing but a sickening battle field play out in front me, bodies surrounded the valley of rolling hills along with different types of flags.

But one certain one caught my attention.

It blew in sync with the wind its rhythm mocking and hideous, the flag of our enemy a dark blue with the Northern Kingdoms ensign of its famous ice flowers that grew only in the harsh climate of the Northern kingdom.

A shiver of fear ran down my spine as my mother held me closer to her chest whispering into my ear everything was going to be alright, I can only hope for my sisters and brother to be okay. 

My mother held onto me like her life depended on it, my heart seemed to quicken as soldiers of the opposing side made there way towards us.

My mother then pushed me back into the arms of an unknown ally, she pleaded to the man to get me out of here take me as far away as he, and after that the world seem to stop.

She stopped and looked at me with the most heart warming smile as she placed her warm hand on my cheek, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

"Remember Lachlan, I will always love you.. Now go  and live, don't let people weigh you down." With that she kissed my cheek gently and wiped my tears away.

In that vast moment as we ran, my mother got smaller the farther we got the more guilt and greed eating me alive.

Slash.

I watched as her body fell.

Her blonde hair swaying in the wind as she hit the ground.

I can only know the feeling of being left alone and the hatred I felt burn inside of me as I caught a glance of the Northern Kingdom King and his twisted smile as my mother's blood stained his hands.

My screams echoed the valley as darkening clouds encased the battle field.

~

Sitting up immediately I regretted it as pain burned through my body, grunting I fell onto my side cold sweat layering my back and forehead as I tried breathing calmly my heart rapidly beating. 

I held my sides for support trying to catch my breath and calm down.

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach remembering the awful times I had in the past, the memory clear in my mind like a fresh lake of water me my brother and sisters use to play in.