Don't Let Me Fall In Love... Again.

(Unedited) Chapter 1

I only saw black. My body was in total lock-down. I couldn't move, couldn't talk. Then, white walls, white floors, white sheets. A lanky woman in a white lab coat stood at the foot of the bed, turned sideways, speaking with someone. I was in a hospital... But why? As my vision cleared, I could make out a tall man. Red shirt, white pants. I had no idea what was going on, no idea where I was, who I was, who the man was, nothing.

I tried to cough- making some sort of noise. It seems as in slow motion, they both turned to me with their jaws basically hitting the floor. The man ran to the side of the bed and grasped my hand. I starred at him quizzically and turned to the doctor. She quickly leaned out of the doorway and hollered for a nurse. A chubby woman stepped through the door the the doctor was holding for her. The man was still holding my left hand, as if it was his last hope.

The doctor went to the right side of the bed and pulled out her clip-board and pen, out of thin air. The nurse followed to where she was, leaning in to see her clipboard. "Good morning, Miss Dorlan. I'm Doctor Conway. This is Mrs. Holt," She gestured to the nurse," You're personal nurse. Miss Dorlan, you seem confused." I squinted at her and asked," Who is Miss Dorlan?" Doctor Conway sighed then and stated," You are Miss Dorlan. Please allow me explain. You suffered brain damage after you fell, hitting your head. You are currently going through memory loss. We do expect you make a full recovery, but that is not guaranteed. We expect memories to come back, slowly, and they may not in order. You may remember a memory when you were 15, then remember one when you were five. You are very lucky. Do your understand, Miss Dorlan?" I stuttered. I didn't know what to think. "S-sure. But, w-who's this?"

I looked at the man, now seeming more attractive then ever. "This is Mr. Tomlinson." I looked at him, as his eyes watered. "Hi," He whispered, in a barely audible voice. I smiled and whispered back,"Hi." I turn back to her, and give her a 'I'm lost' look. She smiled at me then looked at Mr.Tomlinson. "Go ahead." As he started to speak, I realised his voice was wonderfull.. And his accent.. I spent hours listening to him tell me all about myself. As I begin to get to know myself, this man seems more and more familiar. "...your favorite colour is purple, your favorite food is--" I interuped him and said,"Wait, what's my name?" He chuckled lighly and said with humor laced in his voice,"Skarlett. Skarlett Dorlan."