Wish You Were Here

All rights reserved. 2013 - ZhiDeAi

No part of this work may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without permission. This book is a work of fiction: names, characters, places and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. No part of this publication can be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, either electronic or mechanical, without permission from the author.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue - I remember and I'll never forget

I remember baking cookies and she would let me eat the leftover raw cookie dough straight from the bowl - her eyes would crinkle with laughter as I licked the spatula like a rabid dog.

I remember dancing around in our living room to the sound of The Carpenter's on vinyl - her favourite, wearing down the rug with our bare feet.

I remember our attempt at face-painting, how we were supposed to be tigers but we ended up looking like oompah-loompahs.

I remember looking at old photographs of places she travelled to, hoping I'd be half as beautiful as her when I grew up and as adventurous. Her saying she hoped I wouldn't be, that I'd definitely turn out to be much more so.

I remember her when she was so pale, always so tired and her voice was but a whisper in the wind.

I remember climbing into bed with her, her long thin arms held me tight and cradling me to sleep.

I'll never forget her pointing at my breaking heart, saying "I will always be here."

Because those were the last words she would ever say to me.

Or so I thought.

**  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **  **

Amelia has always wanted to travel. Everywhere. Anywhere. She dreamed of walking along the Seine, see the romantic lights of Paris and let her eyes be bombarded with the sights of Times Square. And the summer before she goes off to university is the perfect chance for it.

But her overprotective father has other ideas: "stay at home, watch tv, read a book or something" he said, as he shattered her dreams.

With the help of new friends and a hint of something magical along the way, Amelia's dreams might just come true - in the most unexpected way possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedication to Lex because she is awesome, I love her, I love her stories and she has dedicated chapters to me and I feel so bad not being able to pay back the favour, so Lexi if you're reading this, I'm so sorry for the over usage of commas but they had to be done, I promise to try and continue this story despite it being meant to be a short story and not dump it like the rest of my ideas because you're my inspiration to actually finish a story and yeah.... I'll stop babbling on now.

Vote? Comment? Share? Fan?

- Love J.J xoxo