I. Covet

covet (verb): yearn to possess (something, especially something belonging to another)

The Styles Plaza, so luxurious to many, but to me, it's just another moneymaker to the rich. Another one of those hotels that bears only the finest luxury features to those who can afford its costly fares. Another extravagance which I, a normal girl, only dream of having.

The lobby of the Styles Plaza itself is suitably oversized and is set in a round shape dominated by a breathtaking statue of half-clad Grecian ladies raised above a bed of fresh flowers. Above is a dome covered with intricate paintings and detailed embellishments, just like the domes found in Rome.

Awe-inspiring paintings hang behind the reception desk, featuring men, gods and, of course, horses. Other than that, the lobby is all about vaulted ceilings, sun-inspired lighting fixtures, gold, and sleek marble. This hotel is the kind you can imagine Kendall Jenner sashaying into with her entourage of beauties in tow.

I come to the Styles Plaza everyday, serving the rich and famous as a receptionist and on some other days a maid. Of course my job gets boring. Doesn't any? Time passes quickly when I work with my best friend Lucy, stalking celebrities after they check in. Examining everything about them like obsessed teenage fangirls. However, our boss, Zayn Malik, never catches us. He's always cooped up in his office, but when an important A-list celebrity attends the hotel he's out at the reception desk, grinning and politely talking to the guests.

And today happens to be one of those days where Zayn is out with me, Lucy and the two other receptionists. He seems nervous, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. He looks down at his golden Rolex watch every ten seconds, then cranes his head to look at the large glass entrance doors. This is unlike him; he usually carries himself with confidence, but keeps to himself most of the time. I don't know him that well; all I know he has godlike looks and is a very reticent person.

"Zayn, is everything okay? You seem... nervous," I question as I move to his side. His veiny hands grip the marble bench top.

"Didn't you know? Peter Styles and his fiancé are coming to the hotel today to prepare for their wedding next month. They're going to be staying here until then, they'll be here in 5 minutes. So head back to your area and look like you're doing work," he mutters.

"Oh, no I didn't. Uh - thank you," I gulp as I walk back to Lucy's side.

The evil man that is Peter Styles is coming to stay here for a month. He's ruthless. When an employee does not meet his high expectations, he fires them. No warning, they're just gone. Nerves fill my body, and my actions now mirror Zayn's. I tap my painted fingernails against the cool bench top. I fidget with the black pencil skirt that I wear, and then smooth it out until no crease is in sight.

"Where could he be?" Zayn grumbles, looking down at his watch, again. "It's three o'clock."

"It's a long drive up to the hotel, Zayn. He's just fashionably late," I reason with him, but he doesn't pay much attention to my argument.

Before even stepping into the ostentatious hotel, guests drive past dozens of ornate statues and fountains outside, with a statue of Venus spraying water high into the sky against a backdrop of approaching limos filled with MTV-style celebrities.

"What's Zayn so worried about," Lucy nudges me.

"Peter Styles is coming to stay, he's getting married in a month," I inform Lucy as I look up at her. Lucy is absolutely flawless. She has the body of a model: tall and toned. Her perfect blonde hair stops just above her shoulders, and it looks like the artists of the statues in this very lobby have structured her face.