The place we first met.

As I was walking down the street the previous night, I found myself going to the place we first met. The place I first laid eyes on you. It still looked the same, nothing has changed except for me and you. The birds were still singing the song of our hearts, the moon was still shining creating that romantic atmosphere in which we used to cuddle observing the sky. Going there reminded me of you. It reminded me of the moment you whispered in my ear "I'll always be there for you!". And silly me I believed you. I believed all of your fake promises, I believed all of your lies. When you said you loved me, when you said you needed me, you knew I'd always be there for you. "I'll always be there for you till death draws us apart", that would always be my reply. Have you ever wondered why? Because I loved you, yeah "Love ...", that sweet word we all want to hear, that sweet word that keeps our heads spining round and sends us butterflies. But I can't believe you lied to me. I can't believe it was just a word you said. You left me in the middle of nowhere. You left me when I needed you the most. I thought you were different, 'cause that's what you used to say. "I'll never hurt you" that's what I got used to hear. But you know what really hurts? It's that I believed all those lies. Whenever I wonder how easy it has been for you to leave, I find tears streaming down my face. 'Cause I've chosen you over all those guys I had known. And you chose to break my heart. My heart, to where you belong and will always do. If there's one thing I want you to know it's Darling I still love you.

After remembering all those things, I walked back home, with a heavy heart, yet a boken heart, believing that you might one day change your mind, believing that you might one day come back.

Thanks for reading my first story.

-Monica.