Arianna and Ethan

Prologue

•---•---•---•

"I Had A 3 Second Mental Debate On Whether Or Not To Lie And Say I Was From The East"

---June---

"Oh my God, could you be any slower?" Sabrina asked me.

"Well, sorry, but it takes a while to jam all this," I gestured to my body, making my hands into waves that surfed from my chest to my thighs, "into this." I was wearing a tight black dress, about 2 sizes too small. The dress showed off nearly all of my legs and just about flashed people when I walked. The stilettos I wore didn't help the length of the dress.

"It's the last party of junior year. Fuck it." I said, digging around in my purse for a pack, "Smoke?" I offered Sabrina a cigarette. She took one and we both lit up before leaving.

"Are we legit about doing this? Like, once we get there, there's no turning back." She said, grabbing her huge black bag from the couch.

"Yeah! Now lets go. You got the stuff?"

"It's in my bag. God, I'm so excited." She said, twirling her long curled blonde hair. Normally, we both would have worn something longer, but tonight, we had to look like rich girls.

We got into my car, a black Chevy impala, and threw our bags on the back seats. "Haha, this is gonna be awesome. Arianna White-" I said.

Sabrina flipped on the music, and Lynyrd Skynyrd blasted through my little car "-And Sabrina Davis."

This wasn't just any party. This was a rich kid party, where the kids from the West part of town lived. The West part of Waterton was where the mansions and estates were built, along with the fancy mall which had designer stores and fancy restaurants built in (no sign of a McDonald's or a dollar store there) whereas the East part of town, where me and Sabrina lived in, had acreages, farms, bungalows and trailers. The West and East part were divided by an intersection between two highways, a big X in the road. There was a school on each side, along with a mall, grocery store, etc.

The West was a lot more packed, with skyscrapers and condos and townhouses and fancy places to go to, while the East consisted of old malls and dollar stores and farm land. Hell, my neighbour even ran a liquor store out of his house. The only time East kids crossed the intersection was to get through the town, or to go to the city, though not many of us did. But the day you'd see West kids driving around in their brand new Chevy Camaros and cherry red Ferraris past the intersection is the day you'd see pigs fly.

"Sweet home Alabama! Where the skies are so blue..." We both sang. Sabrina bobbed her head, making her ridiculously long platinum blonde hair shake and bangs bob up and down. Her short figure barely reached mine, even sitting down. She was the only one of my friends that was shorter than me, but a hell of a lot prettier.

I sped my car down the dirt road, flat for miles, as Lynyrd Skynyrd music filled the car. We could see the intersection coming up in the distance past the gas station, and the bright lights of the skyscrapers and tall buildings even further. We had to stop for gas on the way there first.

I pulled up to the pump next to a yellow Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, extremely unusual for this part of town. "Shit, I'm starving..." Sabrina muttered.

"You fill the tank, I'll get us some corn nuts and a couple of energy drinks." I said. I walked away from the pumps and into the gas station letting my stilettos click clack as I walked inside.

Two boys that I noticed were watching me as I looked from shelf to shelf for some corn nuts. I looked up and met the eyes of a tall, clean shaven, tanned, very well-dressed boy. He had dark brown hair, and dark mysterious eyes to match. He practically screamed 'Want Me' as he gave me a sweet grin and laid his money down to pay for his gas in cash.