Prologue

Peyton Leigh is portrayed by the beautiful Mackenzie Foy
(Peyton's P.O.V)
For the past couple of months, my parents have noticed something was wrongs with me. I always wanted to stay in my room and read, only came out to eat or for school, I was more sick than usual, and my skin was paling.
One day in April, when I was 8 years old, they took me to a hospital close to home. It was stressful, really stressful. My skin was more pale than ever, my cheeks the only part that had color. My hair was becoming thinner, but still had its bronze color. My stomach quivered as I saw the doctor come out.
"Mr. and Mrs. Hart," the doctor spoke. "I have the results," he said.
My mama sat me in her lap and stroked my hair. "What is it?" She asked.
"Peyton has a case of kidney cancer." The doctor answered sadly.
I felt tears in my eyes and let out a cry. Mama hugged me harder and rocked me back and forth. Daddy just stared out shocked. That was a hard day, I was an 8 year old girl, barely knowing about life, and had cancer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A month later after I found out I had cancer, my mama passed away. She had died from a heart attack. I don't completely know what happened because it had happened so fast. Daddy and I became depressed, well, I was more depressed.
Daddy barely did anything and neither did I. I just stayed in my room and read books, also listening to music. I knew life was going to get harder, I just don't know how hard. All I have left is my daddy, and who knows how long I have left before I... go on.

Hey guys, I'm so sorry if you think this sucks. I'm trying to make it as good as I can. I promise it'll get better more on through the book. Bye!