AREEBAH - LOVE IS SIMPLE

Once upon a time, I used to stare at Michael. I used to stare at him like nobody knew I was staring at him. I made it obvious because I wanted him so bad. Michael was every girl’s dream.

I would always hear females chat among themselves about how he has an eight pack, his V line is vilicious and how he’s ambitious to strive for the best. The way that his long gold locks that matches his sun-tanned skin and lightens his deep grey eyes is magnificent and unique. I always used to draw love hearts with our names in it, during class time. I even kept a photo of him in my bedroom and stalked his Facebook.

When that day came I thought my life was going to be perfect…Until I met him.

Jealous is how I would describe him. At first I thought “Oh that is cute, it’s nice to know that he’s only available for me.”

His jealousy went from cute to really ugly. He banned me from seeing my friends and some of my cousins. No it doesn’t stop there. Michael is a control freak (sigh) he drops me off to university and picks me up afterwards. No need to wait, he’s parked up waiting for me, right now. Michael went from good to a plain asshole.

Oh, there he is waiting outside the car leaning on the bonnet with his arms folded, looking at the ground. I didn’t even bother to say hi to him. I chucked my stuff in the back seat and hopped into the passenger’s seat. We don’t really talk, because we only end up arguing.

My friends and family always ask why am I still with him, why don’t I move back home? They tell me that I’m too good for him. I don’t give a straight up answer, I always make up excuses.

“How was uni?” Michael asked.

“It was good thanks,” I rolled my eyes because he only asks so he can interrogate me, checking if I am seeing somebody else.

Long story short, Michael cheated on me endlessly. Now he thinks I’m up to no good, and the funny thing is that he wants a family. He has this plan that we’re going to have two kids and live in a nice family home with a pool and drive nice cars.

He’s a big dreamer for a high school fail.

He didn’t get in to uni because he didn’t have enough credits, so now he’s working as a butcher at a local deli. Awesome for a big hot shot that fell from the Skyscraper to reality, and look where he is now! Shaving ham and wrapping pig trotters.

His head got too fat he lost his pride and motivation. We use to be good together until we got into adult hood, he changed. 

We pulled in to the drive way and parked in front of our sleep out at the back of his parents’ house.

I got out and got my bag from the back of the car. I entered our tight space studio which I hate because it’s small, we don’t have a wardrobe and we use the facilities in his parent’s house. My parents offered to lease one of their houses to us, but Michael insisted that he found one – Yeah at the back of your parent’s house.

I fell flat on my stomach on our double bed that I dislike because Michael moves around in his sleep.

Michael lies besides me and wraps his arms around me and starts kissing my neck.

“Mmmm you taste good babe,” Michael tries to sound seductive.

“Thanks,” I said bluntly. He started kissing me more making me aroused but I fought back the feelings and pushed him away.

“Sorry not now, I need to finish off my assignment that is due tomorrow morning.”

He retorted, “You seeing someone else now, huh?”