Protection

There I was, driving, driven under influence of the one bottle of whiskey that intoxicated me. I tightly gripped the steering wheel in my left hand and gripping the neck of the bottle of whiskey in my other. I was sweating up a storm, eyes becoming more blurry, the road harder to see.

How could I let this happen? How could I let Derek take advantage of me like this? How could I have been naïve? I felt pathetic, useless.

Driving down an unfamiliar street, I just wanted to get away. I could feel a vibration down inmy back pocket. I took out my phone and saw that name "Maya" written across the top. I thought for the short moment, anger filling in me I clicked the green answer button.

"Pari?" a slow and steady voice questioned.

"What" I spat rather harshly, not even making it a question, or making as if I wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Where are you?"

"Why? So you could tell Derek? So I could get tricked and manipulated by you and him again. Why don't you do us all a favor and jump back into bed with my boyfriend and leave me alone, have fun"

I spat my venom covered words that I would surly regret in the morning while I was sober. Was I even drunk? Or did I really just want to say that but have an excuse for saying it, because I was drunk? I don't know.

My vision blurred, my body becoming weak, I couldn't take anymore I looked at the signs leading me to my house.

I took the next road down to my house that I lived in with my mother. I pulled The car up the driveway and shut the ignition off. I have a license, just not a car. My mum had taken a ride with her co-worker at the hospital, Tracy. I borrowed my moms car, with her permission. This was a great opportunity to use my driving skills to use, just this once, what could go wrong?

A lot.

I could sill feel pain and betrayal as I stopped at Derek's house only to find him, with Maya, my best friend.

Disgust ran through me as I weakly stumbled out of the car, not being able to walk in a straight line. Tripping over my own feet, the dizziness taking over. I stumbled upon the front door and pulled out my key. It took out my key and unlocked the door, closing it and locking it when I got in, I made sure not to lock the chain on the door for my mom to come in when she finished her night shift at the hospital.

I collapsed on the couch, tears spilling onto my cheeks as I drifted off to sleep.

•••

The next morning I woke up, a headache pounding. I rubbed the my temples in hope of it lessening in pain, I then got up from the couch and checked my watch "8:50 am" it read.

"Dammit" I murmured to myself.

I was late to my dance rehearsal.

I scurried quickly upstairs and peeled off my clothes in a hurry and threw it in the wash basket and jumped in the shower. I ran out of the shower and started to brush my teeth. I barely had enough time to remove the makeup from last night before I put on little dabs of color in my face. I quickly ran to my wardrobe and threw on a black jeans, a band t shirt and a blazer, I let my limp light brown and dark brown locks fall at my sides as I then grabbed my sneakers and ran out the door.

I took a taxi and rushed over the the X factor stadium.

"Where have you been?!" Billy, my dance coordinator yelled rather harshly.

"I had an accident last night, sir, it won't happen again" I pleaded desperately.

"Another slip up and I'm going to have to cut you off of this routine until next month"