The Light of my Portal Part 1

CHAPTER 1

It had been 10 days since Chell had left Aperture. She was desperate for water and her hunger stabbed her stomach like a knife. She clutched her stomach with one hand and squeezed the burnt corner of her companion cube with the other.

Tears streamed down her face with sadness. She couldn't believe that her best friend had betrayed her. And now she would never see him again. She was also stunned by the fact that HER good side had been knocked out of HER 15 minutes before she had escaped. so many tragic and hurtful things had happened that day.

Chell was about to die. She no longer had that portal gun, it was flung out to space with Wheatley, and now it's probably gotten incinerated by a star, or lost deep in another galaxy. The wheat field was vast. There was no village near by, and the sky was too blue to have rain any time soon. Her mouth helplessly begged and it was as dry as desert sand. Her stomach growled like a wild animal trying to escape from a too small cage.

She was too weak to walk, or even stand for that matter. She had traveled far and long, and was no where near the Aperture Science Enrichment Center-place-she-escaped-from. So she couldn't go back there where it seemed hunger and thirst were no problem. Even if she had tried, there was no way she could live for more than a couple of hours.

She looked up in the sky, hopeful to find someone or something that would help her. Maybe just a bird that fell out of the sky that she can eat. She looked in all sky directions, trying to spot some storm clouds coming her way. No sign of any luck. She might as well just die now, if there's no one around, no food, no water. She started to gnaw on some wheat. Didn't taste that good, but at least she was eating.

Water. She NEEDED water. If she could find a pond, she would drink the whole entire thing. She pulled herself, struggling, up onto the companion cube. She looked as far as her eagles eyes could see, squinting to find a faint siluette of a building or house or anything that could help her, not like she could get there in time, but found nothing. Nothing. How could her luck fail now? She was lucky enough to escape that horrible place, why couldn't the luck last longer to give her food and water and a nice person to help her? Why?

CHAPTER 2

HER chamber was cold and dark. No one to test. Nothing to test. HER cooperative testing unit had failed, and then there was no one. No one to keep HER company. No one to insult. No one to kill HER. No one to put HER in a potato. No one to switch bodies with HER and take control of the facility. SHE missed that stuff now that it was gone. So SHE hung there, dead as night. With nothing to do, SHE was basically nothing, too.

SHE had the itch again. It was not comfortable. SHE had the itch, and the gigantic urge to test, but SHE couldn't. There was no one left. Nothing left. SHE was hanging in dead silence. Not even the sounds of the AC. Cold, silent chamber that would probably never run again. So SHE blew a circuit and fell asleep.

CHAPTER 3

Stars. Planets. Asteroids. It's too tiring. The same boring things all the time. Wheatley orbited around the moon, watching the earth as it slowly moved, slowly changed.

Kevin (the space core) also turned and flipped, but he was much more excited. "Space! I'm in space! SPAAAAACE!!!" He couldn't quite get over the fact that he was in space. Even though it had been 10 days.

Wheatley was thinking about what he wanted to say to Chell, IF he ever saw her again. "'Uh, Chell? I'd like to'- Nah. That doesn't sound good. How bout, 'You know love, ever since you threw me out in space, I've been thinking about what I did. And it comes to mind, that I was just being a stupid, pointless moron who had no idea what he was doing. And I'd just like to say...'" "I'm in space!"