Duck Tales

Notes:

oberyn2206 said:
My little sister said she also wanted a fanfic about Mercutio. A Tybalt-Mercutio one. She'd like they are together in a bathroom (with a rubber duck). It will be a comedy-romantic fiction. Would you help me with this prompt? :)

___________

Duck Tales

As children they had shared a bath before when they were still very young of age. At the time Tybalt, being older, was taller than Mercutio and took up more space in the bath. Mercutio's mother and Tybalt's aunt had adored the sight of them together, playing, laughing, creating bubbles.

Then when Mrs Della Scala passed away after giving birth to Valentine, Mercutio and his brother were to live with Prince Escalus of Verona and they never shared a bath again.

...

Until this day.

Grumpy, with the mood of a drenched cat, Tybalt stared at his cousin as if his gaze alone would be enough to flatten her to the floor and with that overrule her decision.

The decision she had just made.

Which was that he had to bathe.

"I don't care what you have to say for yourself, Tybalt. You're dirty and you need a bath."

Normally he wouldn't be so disgruntled as to ignore his cousin's wishes – he'd do anything for Juliet without a question – but today her request was beyond ridiculous.

"I know." She said, before he could force out his protest, and she raised a finger to silence him. "You've been in a fight again and you love them and blabla but you're bloody and covered in grime and you're not going anywhere before you've rinsed and changed into some new clothes. A bath, Tybalt. NOW. My word is final."

With his hands curled as fists and the expression of a thundercloud, Tybalt turned to face the source of laughter behind him.

"You really are a cat, aren't you? Afraid of water?"

"It's not the water that worries me, Escalus. It's your filth mingling with my own."

Tybalt's reply made a blush spread on the red-head boy's face and he instantly regretted what he just said.

"Well, there we have it! We're finally going to mingle! I'd never have thought!" Mercutio's grin spread.

Rolling his eyes, Tybalt gave in and followed his niece into the bathroom where she had prepared ONE singular tub of steaming water. Behind him, Mercutio entered and instantly started to undress. He took his blouse off first – which was badly tattered, ripped and drenched with blood- and he threw it carelessly to the side. He didn't mind Juliet gawking at him like he was a Chippendale. Luckily Tybalt didn't notice.

"I can't arrange a second bath." Juliet explained. "Nurse would notice. They'd come and see what's going on and then they'd discover you. If you don't like it then you shouldn't have gotten so dirty."

Mercutio exclaimed. "Ah, hear that, my dear Cat-Prince? We got dirty, you and me. And now we have to come clean together."

The Capulet groaned in annoyance. "If I'd known I would have used less tomatoes!"

"I'd counted on one mortally wounded." Juliet pointed out matter-of-factly. "Not two. Now get in there before they discover your bodies aren't in the crypt."

Her eyes slid to Mercutio's lower half as the boy continued to undress himself without shame. Tybalt caught the motion of his cousin's eyes, saw the source and promptly barked for her to leave.