With the Rose Comes the Thorn

Prologue

I was walking down the halls just like any other day, silently praying that they would leave me alone, although I knew that simply wasn't the case.

"Hey, fag!" I heard him call after me, but I tried my best to ignore it and keep walking.

"Don't you ignore me! Get your ass back here, faggot!"

Then a hard pressure on my back knocked me face first into the tiled floors, leaving me in pain. I then felt the weight of someone on my back, and someone's fingers in my hair that was pulling me upwards, making my position impossibly uncomfortable.

I felt the warm harsh breath in my ear before he spoke. God, where was Liam and Lou?

"Alone today, are we? Where's your prissy ass posse and their "girlfriends"?" he said, referring to Danielle and Eleanor.

"How many times must we tell you, Bruce? They do have girlfriends! Danielle Peazer and Eleanor Calder! Dani is a dancer and Eleanor is a model, and that's why they aren't here at school!" I tried protesting and standing up for my friends. Just because I was openly gay and picked on for it doesn't mean I should drag my friends in with me.

He bellowed out a loud, deep laugh, obviously mocking me. "Danielle Peazer? Eleanor Calder? What kinda lame ass names are those?"

"They're our lame ass names so I would appreciate you shut the fuck up and get off our friend." I heard a familiar feminine voice say. I felt the pressure leave my back and my face dropped to the floor. I quickly turned so I was sitting on my bum, looking for the source of the voices.

What I witnessed broke a genuine smile across my face. There stood Danielle and Eleanor, sending daggers towards Bruce and his posse. Let me tell you, if looks could kill, they'd all be dead on the floor now.

I jumped up and ran towards them. "El!! Dani!!" I screamed as I embraced them in a hug. "Hey, Nialler!" they screamed back.

"Aww, how cute. Hey, Niall, I bet you feel really protected behind those Barbie dolls. At least they look to have more muscle than you do." Bruce cooed mockingly, him and his posse chuckling at his remark.

Dani and El broke away from our reunion hug and walked up towards Bruce. "You better shut your fucking mouth about that boy. If I hear one more "witty" remark about him in a negative way, if you so much as touch him, so much as breath the same fucking air as him, I will find you. And I will beat your ass for it. So just turn around, and you and your little boy group go back to your "special" classes. I'm tired of looking at your damn ugly faces." Dani said.

Wow. Just wow. She's usually so sweet, how did she get so much anger all of a sudden? Me and El just stood there with our mouth hung wide open. "Come on, guys." she said and took both mine and El's hands before turning to walk back down the hallway. We were almost to the double doors, when she stopped and turned around, looking at the big broots there with dumbfounded looks on their faces.

"Oh and another thing.. There's this great new invention called toothpaste. You might wanna try it sometime." she gave a sweet smile and turned back around, walking us through the double doors. As soon as we made it through, I attacked Dani in a hug.

"Oh my God, thank you soo much, Dani!! That was amazing! How did you do that??" I started rambling on. She just laughed.

"Nobody picks on my little leprechaun." she said. I only smiled at her. Then brought them both into a group hug. "Thank you guys so much. I love you." I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"You're so welcome, Ni. We love you too." they said in unison, causing us to break into a fit of giggles.

"So what are you guys doing here? I thought you guys wouldn't be back for a couple more months!" I said.