Prologue

Allanon had been correct when he told Pyria that they had no future together. That did not however erase their past. Some time after Allanon's disappearance and presumed death, Pyria fled the palace of Arborlon. She lived alone for nearly four years before her stomach began to swell gently. Five years after she had lost Allanon she gave birth to a daughter. Half elven and half human druid.

    Pyria raised her daughter away from society. None could know of her daughter. As she grew, Pyria only felt more strongly about keeping her daughter a secret due to the gifts she began to develop. Gifts that her mother was unable to teach her to control. This later began to prove to be a problem.

    Unable to control her gifts, they would at times overpower the young girl causing her to collapse and fall unconscious for an indeterminable amount of time. When she would wake, she would not speak to her mother about what had happened to her while she was unconscious. Pyria, worried for her daughter, would try to ask her daughter about what had happened but the young girl would clam up and refuse to say anything. Times like these only made Pyria wish even more that Allanon were still alive. Even if he believed the two of them had no future together, he would do all he could to help their daughter.

    Thus Allanyra Elessedil grew up knowing no one aside from her own mother. She knew nothing of her blood ties to the royal family of Arborlon or that her father had been the last of the druids. Her life was peaceful and happy. This, however, would not last for long as soon the princess of Arborlon, Amberle Elessedil, would come to them seeking Pyria's aid.