Summary

• Dedicated to Oliver Sykes

ATTENTION: THIS BOOK DEALS WITH SELF HARM, SUICIDE, DEATH AND OTHER POSSIBLE TRIGGERING SUBJETS. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! IT ALSO CONTAINS SAME-GENDER LOVE SO DON'T READ IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT IT(: 

In the year 2237, war broke out between the good and the bad, situated in the remains of the United States. The Mortals; fighting for freedom, equality and honor, were defeated by vulnerability and for some, liable for the post explosion and The Pure Ones; fighting for the simple power of dominance. The cities of the Nation were burned down, destroying families and killing citizens. People started betraying one another, joining the side that they thought would keep them distant from their death. Finally, months later, the war had finished. The Pure Ones set out rules that each citizen must abide by. But still, there are some that remain independent. Rebellion had birthed inside the bodies of the people, seizing any chance they had to restore the peace in their nation. Many homes were burned down on that day of vulnerability, but some small villages remain untouched by the invasion. The Pure Ones began to build an army of children, most of them kidnapped illegally, then diagnosed them with supernatural strength and skills to join their compound and take over the country; official domination.

Meeting in the middle of their worst nightmare, Xavier and North, both kidnapped teenagers in the Pure Ones’ Training Facility, form a tight friendship, despite the savagery that surrounds them. They start to grow strong and unusual emotions towards each other, creating a bond more powerful than the Pure Ones believed. When the boys figure out that they are planning to kill Xavier's older brother Brennan, they try to warn him. But when Xavier and North are unsuccessful and faced with their unexpected punishments, they take their closest escape route out the secret doors. They begin on an adventure to travel the plains beyond the small gates guarding the perimeter of Facility. The two boys embark on a path towards Paradise, the land of freedom, beyond the boarders of the leftover remains of the United States. On their way, they meet new people, and begin to learn a little bit more about the cryptic secrets that they own, their pasts and their future. Little do they know, but the Pure Ones are one step ahead of them, and with that, a final war begins and only one side will be triumphant. And only one side will remain Sempiternally Pure.