Chapter 1: A Friendly Encounter?

"Come back here, Malic! You owe us!" Screamed a bulky blonde haired boy who was chasing a brown haired boy.

"I don't owe you anything! There was nothing that I did that would make me owe you anything!" The brown haired boy panted.

"He's running out of breath, Benji. We'll be able to catch him now." A black haired boy who was also chasing the brown haired boy commented. "Wait a second. Isn't this the haunted forest?"

Benji shrugged. "I thought he would be scared of running into something haunted but apparently not. Now run faster we have almost got him, Kyle!"

The woods thickened and an eerie fog clouded around the three. "Come out, come out where ever you are!" Kyle shouted.

"You can't hide forever, Kajo! Why not make this easy?" Benji called.

"Make what easy?" A faded blue haired girl appeared behind the two bullies.

"Nothing, princess. Go home. Don't you know these woods are haunted," Benji commemorated.

"H-haunted? Well, then sh-shouldn't I stay close by you two?" The girl clung to Kyle's shirt.

"Girl! Get away from them! They are just bullies! These woods aren't haunted and there isn't anything to be afraid of!" Kajo peered out behind a tree near by attracting everyone's attention to him. "Shoot! Didn't think that through!" Kajo started climbing the tree to get away.

"Hm... Bullies you say. Well I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to leave. Bullies aren't allowed in my woods. Neither are liars and it appears that you are both. Okay?" She gave a cheerful smile and twirled a piece of her short blue hair.

"Your woods? I'm sorry but there is no way that there are your woods," Kyle objected.

"Therefore we don't have to leave," Benji went to grab the girl and move her out of the way but his hand slipped right through her. "W-what kind of monster are you!?"

"Hm... Well first of all, its not nice to call somebody a monster. Second of all, I'm not a monster. Third of all, it's not polite to touch a girl who isn't your friend. And Fourth of all, these are my woods. So GET OUT!!" The girl screamed.

Wide-eyed, the two boys stumbled while trying to get away. The girl walked over to the tree and started to climb it. "What's your name, Sir?" She asked.

"Kajo. What's yours?" Kajo replied giving the girl a hand.

"Eerie! It's nice to meet you, Kajo!" Eerie grabbed his hand and was hoisted up onto the branch across from the one Kajo's.

"Thanks for helping me out over there. I really owe you one," Kajo said rubbing the back of his head.

"Nah. It was nothing. Just make sure that you don't lie, bully people, cheat, steal, mur-" I cut her off.

"I get the point. Don't do anything troublesome."

"Right!" She cheered. Eerie had a white flower in her hair that looked like it was glowing. It was a little hypnotising and it had black coloring coming from the center of the flower.

"How did you get them to go away anyway?" Kajo asked taking a leaf of of the tree to fiddle with it.

"It's difficult to explain and everyone I explain it to always runs away..." She said saddened.

"I won't run away. You can tell me," Kajo comforted.

"Really? You won't run away?!" She questioned.

"Nope. I'll stay right here."

"Well, how do I put this?" She put her hand on her chin. "I'm kind of a ghost... Or a spirit... Or a lost soul... I don't know which one. I know that I used to be human but I don't know if I died, how I died if I did, or if I just faded to being a ghost. It's a little confusing. My turn for a question. You go to that school that's across from my woods right? Lamino Private Highschool?"

"Yeah. If we are going back and forth with questions, what is the name of these woods?" Kajo asked, not even a little bit startled by Eerie being a ghost.

"Well it doesn't really have a name. I was planning on naming it Kanterlily Woods but that didn't work out very well," She started to fiddle with a piece of her hair again.

"Why not?" Kajo asked.

"Hey! It was my turn to ask a question," Eerie exclaimed putting her hands on the branch.

"Oh, yeah. Heh... Sorry. One thing you should know about me, is I'm very forgetful at times."

"Ha! Same here. Okay, well, my turn. What's your favorite subject in school?" Eerie asked.

"Hm... Probably science or mythology," Kajo tore off a piece of the leaf he was fiddling with.

"Cool! I like those too... Unfortunately the stuff I don't understand I can't ask anyone about it. To answer your question, people thought it was haunted when I made the sign and put it up. They just scratched the words 'KEEP OUT' all over my sign," Eerie sighed. "It's just not fair."

"I agree. They shouldn't just assume something's haunted if a sign appears. It's not right."

"If only they wouldn't be afraid of me then I could actually go talk to them and tell them to make a proper sign." Eerie pouted.

"I don't think they should be afraid of you. You're not even that scary."

Eerie smiled. "I'm glad someone thinks so."

Kajo shrugged. "Well," Kajo said looking at his watch. It read 9:20 PM. "I got to go. I still have lots of homework that I have to do."

"Okay. Will you come and visit sometimes? It gets really lonely."

"I bet it does. Sure. I'll come around tomorrow after school," Kajo started to climb down the tree while Eerie simply hopped off and gracefully hut the ground.

Kajo waved his hand goodbye and ran off towards the boys' dorm. Something he couldn't get through his head is why she would remember being a human but not remembering how she died IF she died.