Little Bird

Fallen stumbled away from the house, his vision blurred by unshed tears. He tripped over a tree root, falling onto the cold, hard ground. He curled up into a ball, and sobbed. Fallen couldn’t believe Sky had done that to him. He loved her so much. So much more than that boy.

He continued to sob for what seemed like hours. Eventually everything shut down. His mind shut down for a while, all he thought of was pain. Every breath was pain. His heart ached. He let out a heart wrenching cry that could be heard miles away. He took out his silver knife from his pocket, and placed it on the skin of his wrist. He sliced lightly, just enough so that blood came. He thought it would relieve him but it didn’t.

He sliced deeper and deeper until one cut, his eyes widened. He had sliced too deep. Blood poured out of his wound. At that moment he saw Sky running toward him. He raised his one hand in a farewell.

Sky came running to him, and fell. She grabbed his arm and ripped off a piece of her shirt. “No no no, why would you do this to yourself, Fallen?” He smiled and used his good hand to grasp hers. “I love you, Sky, but you love him. Don’t worry, little bird. It’s too late for me. Goodbye. I love you, forever and always. I’ll see you soon, Sky bird.” His brilliant green eyes dulled, and the smile he had from seeing her never left his face. He finally rested forever more.

Sky closed her eyes and let out a heart broken scream. She pressed her lips to Fallen's, sobbing when that did nothing. She kissed wrists, and every single slice. With blood on her lips, she kissed his mouth once again. Laying her head on his chest she sobbed, clutching the fabric of his shirt. "Goodbye, Fallen. I love you, too."