Mission: Enter the world of a Bookworm

A/N: Umm short story po ito. 

She first caught my eye when I went to the library to give back the math book I borrowed for my homework. She was crying beside the window and I was about to go to her when I noticed that she was holding a book. She was crying because of the content of the book. I thought to myself: 'what a wierd girl.'  The open court of our university can be seen from the library and vice versa. Whenever we do warm ups or jogging in the open court, I would occasionally glance at the library window where she always sit and see her wearing a variety of expressions while reading a book. Some days, I would see her holding back from laughter, sometimes I see her getting irritated, frustated and shocked. I tripped once while looking at her while we were jogging. That's when I realized that I was not glancing but staring. One breaktime, I went to the library. She had just borrowed a book and I quickly picked up a book and went to the log to check her name. I smiled when I discovered her name. It's so simple that it suits her. I tried checking out the books that she borrowed and to my surprise, I enjoyed it. Some of my varsity friends would mock me that I'm turning gay because I am getting fond of reading. Sometimes I would wonder why I would read the books she read, stare at her at the library when I don't even know her course, age, mobile and telephone number or address. I only know her full name and the books she read. I tried asking some of my friends but they don't know her. We haven't had any eye contact yet cause she is so focused reading a book. I wish she would look at me. I wish I can be in her field of vision.

"I'm hungry." Jack said while rubbing his stomach that keeps on growling. He is walking behind me and shame on my ears that I can hear it. 

"I can tell. I'm buying bread. How about you?" I looked back at him while I continue my walk.'

"Wait, Ace!" Jack said who looks like he's trying to stop me. Moments later I felt a cold liquid in my abdomen. When I looked back, I saw that my uniform got stained by what appears to be an orange juice. A girl was also in front of me and she looks worried. Even though she keeps on looking down, I knew who she was. 

"I-I'm so s-s-s-sorry." she said, afraid that I might get mad. She took out her handkerchief from her pocket and tried to wipe my stained uniform. 

Oh man. This is the first time I heard her voice. I'm not gonna say it's angelic or any romantic shit like that. It just made me happy to know what her voice sounds like. I get to discover one more thing about her. I don't know how I came to think like that or how my mind had functioned to come to a conclusion like that. My body and mouth just went on it's own. I held both of her hands that made her look at me.

"I- Uhh- Can I court you!?" escaped from my mouth. Strangely enough, my mouth didn't notice that it was too loud to the point that the other students heard my confession. I looked around and almost everyone was watching us.

Geez, this is embarassing. I looked back at her and she was looking down. She escaped from my hands and ran away.

Jack was laughing his ass off while I was trying to finish my bread. I think I lost my appetite because of what happened. I am totally embarassed of what happened and it's clear to me that Jack doesn't give a damn. 

"Damnit! Shut up!" I yelled at him but he did not stop his laughing marathon.

"Dude, what you did was lame and stupid and creepy. She doesn't even know you." Jack said between his laughs.

That made me stop and think for a while. What I did was too much. She doesn't even know me yet I surprisingly asked if I could court her. Maybe she even thought that I was doing it for fun. Maybe my silenced prolonged for I don't know how long because Jack sat beside me and took my bread away from me.