Prologue

Hi everyone! This is my first Hunter X Hunter Fanfic. I hope you enjoy.

This story is only meant for the entertainment of its audience. No copy right infringement intended.

My main character is basically Gaara from Naruto, except female version. Her background, family, and powers are the same. There's just a couple of things I changed; gender (obviously), her personality, etc.

I do not mean to copy Naruto. My purpose is to create a character based off of Gaara but with my own personal twist. I do not mean to offend anyone. I wanted to take Gaara's character and make it my own somehow.

Disclaimer: Hunter X Hunter does not belong to me. Only the words I write and plot twists are my ideas. The rest is the creator of the series.

................

Prologue

Age 6

The blue and green striped ball slowly rolled and came to a stop at my feet. I picked it up and looked up to see where it came from. The other kids at the park stared at me, the familiar glint of fear in their eyes.

"Ano..." I said, "....here's your ball back." I walked towards them. One of the girls started to cry as I approached. My feet froze as my eyes widened. Why was she crying?

One of the adults came running over. The woman looked warm, with soft brown hair and a pretty flowing skirt. Everything I imagined my mother would be like. She kneeled in front of the crying girl, a worried expression on her face.

"Honey bunny, what's wrong?" the woman asked. The little girl raised a shaking arm and pointed at me.

Everyone froze.

The air seemed to solidify as the adults turned their eyes on me. No, 'adults' wasn't the right word. At that moment they were demons in disguise, wearing human masks as they stared down at me with judging eyes; eyes that burned with hatred and fear.

At the time I was oblivious to the looks, not realizing the true meaning behind them. The demons gathered around their children, dragging them away from my curious eyes.

I just wanted to play, I thought. At the age of six I still hadn't made a single friend. Onii-san and Onee-san were always busy or they ignored me. I had no one to play with.

One of the demons came over to me. She snatched the ball from my hands and frowned.

"Go away. Never come to this park ever again," she said. Her words bit into my skin like knives.

Turning on her heels she quickly walked away. I stood there with my hands by my side, watching as all the other moms took their sons and daughters home. They glanced back at me, their eyes darkening.

"Freak."

"Monster."

"Why do they let her outside."

I was left standing there, my feet digging in the sand pit.

..........................

A year later

"Gaara!" I turned to face Yashamaru, my bottom lip trembling.

"I-I didn't mean to!" I wailed. The tears cascaded down my cheeks. Yashamaru sighed and stepped forward. He drew me close and hugged me.

"It's okay Gaara, I know you didn't mean to, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful." My uncle bent down to my level, trying to catch my eye. "Now stop crying and we'll figure out what to do from here."

I nodded my head and sniffled. Uncle was here now so everything was going to be okay. I rubbed my eyes and smiled. "Arigato Uncle!"

My uncle was the only one who loved me. He took the time to play with me and cook me food. He was the only one that smiled at me and called me by my name. It didn't matter that I didn't have any friends. As long as Yashamaru loved me I was happy.