Prologue

There once was a girl with a very peculiar outlook on life. She saw the world as what she wanted it to be. This caused her an awful lot of disappointment. Despite this, she never learned that she was the one to blame for all her suffering, she always put the blame on something out of anyone's control. A frequent victim of hers was Fate.
Now, Fate never did anything to cause her pain
intentionally, he was just doing his job. No matter how much she begged him to stop, he could not. One cannot blatantly disobey orders without suffering consequences, and Fate was not that fond of her. She was rather annoying with all of her whining and begging. Sometimes he enjoyed the pain he caused her, not very much, but enough to make his job a little more entertaining. His joy wasn't sadistic in the least bit. It was the same kind of joy that you feel when your friend fails a test that you aced. You didn't want them to fail, but it makes your success taste all the sweeter.
The girl had never met Fate, but she knew he was always there, lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike. She hated Fate, which might sound unreasonable to you, but as mentioned above, she thought he was the cause of all her problems. So, you see, to her it made complete sense. What person wouldn't hate the cause of their problems?