Twitter Tweets - Contents & Preface

CONTENTS

Dedication/Acknowledgements

Preface

1 Mind 1
2 Wisdom 10

3 Peace 22
4 Happiness 29
5 Truth 35
6 Loving-Kindness 41

7 Compassion 46
8 Morality 50
9 Virtue 56

10 Education 60
11 Giving 68

12 Attitude 71
13 Mindfulness 76
14 Anger 80
15 Delusion 84
16 Meditation 89

17 Freedom 92
18 Humor 96

19 Aspiration 103

20 Miscellaneous 109

Dedication

PREFACE  

Thoughtful Twitter Tweets To Treasure isa collection of the Twitter Tweets I posted on the Internet since the year2009. They can be found at my Twitter Home Page . The morethan 500 tweets convey Dhamma, educational messages or Life lessonsgrouped into twenty subjects like Mind, Happiness, Virtue, Freedom, Educationand so on.

This book is written with the following objectives:

* To convey some important Dhamma points for reflection, practice and realization

* To inculcate moral and ethical values in the young

* To point out our defilements and help to overcome them

* To teach some valuable educational and Life lessons

In a world of mobile SMSes, Emails, MSN Chat and messages, Skype, Blogs, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, not many read educational, motivational or Dhamma books filled with long linear texts. Twitter on the Internet has a huge following of users. It is a powerful communication tool.

Nearly all the Tweets in Thoughtful Twitter Tweets To Treasure are written in a Couplet form. There is rhyming in each of the couplet pairs and each line in the pair bears the same number of syllables. This makes for easier and catchy reading. After each Tweet there is a URL link to a PowerPoint presentation, video or document which has related points to the Tweet.

Most of the Tweets have been penned based on the Author's reflections over the 25 years of Dhammaduta work at the local Buddhist Association, Persatuan Buddhist Hilir Perak.

It is hoped the various Tweets can help the young and old alike reflect upon and actualize the Dhamma points in them.
May we all strive on diligently along the Path to grow in Compassion and Wisdom.

OH TEIK BIN 2013