Chapter 1

Camila carefully crept by the ice covered trees of the forest, holding a hard grip on the crossbow in her hands as she was leaving her bootprints behind her in the thin layer of snow. She had just arrived in the woods in hopes of finally finding the one who killed her father. When the sound of something large dropping onto the ground rang her ears, she quickly threw herself behind a thick, leafless tree. Camila reached into her pocket to grab an old, semi-rusty dragonfly necklace that her father gave her. She pressed her smooth lips firmly against the metal in honor of him. Camila was very used to being in life and death situations. She was also very good at surviving them. It's her job, but in case anything ever happened to her, she'd always want to remind herself that she had left this world while honoring her beloved father.

Camila heard the sound of footsteps getting louder. Whatever it was, it was getting closer. She could hear the dull noise of smooth snow crunching, and soon, she even saw a shadow making it's way toward her. That caused her to immediately come from her cover and lift her crossbow, pulling it back as far as possible and pointing it to the unknown presence making the noise. After Camila relentlessly released the bow, she gasped in horror. Although she was stunned, Camila rolled her eyes once she realized she had almost killed one of her partners, Lauren Jauregui. Thankfully, though, Lauren has very speedy reflexes, and she was able to dodge the arrow by a hair by simply leaning her head to the side.

"What are you doing here, idiot?! I could've killed you!" Camila whisper-shouted as frustratingly as she could manage at that tone. She roughly threw her crossbow at Lauren, which horribly missed her and landed two feet behind her. She didn't dodge that one this time. She didn't even have to. Turns out, Camila has way better coordination when it comes to shooting than throwing.

Camila began shoving the rusty necklace back into her pocket. Lauren giggled at the little angry troll, picking up Camila's crossbow behind her before walking over to Camila to hand it back to her.

"You would like that wouldn't you? You can shoot the shit, but I think it's time we work on your throwing aim," Lauren winked, watching Camila in amusement as the shorter girl glared at her while snatching the wooden weapon back into her own hands.

"Work on your stupidity," Camila shot back, shaking her head at the green eyed girl who never seems to take her seriously. That always ticked her off about Lauren. She was always fucking joking around.

"Well, my stupidity saved your ass. Plenty of times, actually," Lauren reassured Camila. "And hey, you want to talk about stupidity? You are out here alone on a full moon, with no lethals and only a crossbow, Camila. You should be thanking me that that," Lauren paused to point at a dead wolf's corpse, "didn't get to you before I did."

"Well where's your weapon Ms. Hotshot?"

"Don't you know me at all, Cabello?" Lauren smiled as she unzipped her well-fitted leather jacket. Once unzipped, she grabbed each side of the zipper to open up the jacket and show Camila what's inside, which revealed something Camila actually did not know Lauren had. It was god-like. A hunter's playground in a leather jacket. A small-but-deadly kind of inventory holding all shapes and sizes of blades, poisons, grenades (lethal, stun, smoke).. Wait, is that a row of throwing darts? Oh! They're tranquilizer darts! Is she really that good where she doesn't even need a gun to shoot those things? ..And, a couple of silenced pistols on each side of the jacket. They've got the most gorgeous rose gold camo, with some strange tribal designs engraved into both of them. A bit mysterious, but very impressive.

"Wow, okay then.. Well.. I could've handled it," Camila returned, still giving Lauren that death glare. After all, she was one of the best hunters in the league, next to Lauren. Can't lie, right now she's feeling like a bit of a rookie in Comparison to Lauren. Still, that gave Lauren no right to underestimate her abilities. Camila was confident in her skill, so she was not letting a single thing or (rather cocky) individual get in the way of her determination to get her vengeance for her father.