Real Story: chapter 1

The way it all began. My name is Emeli Robertson.

I love food, playing tennis and my worst fear is school . I have a passion for singing. And all my life I have lived in Houston Texas. I bet you could imagine my heart wrenching fear and despair when my dad told me that we we're moving to New York City. it was bad enough that I was going to be the new kid but I was transferring during the middle of my junior year. I decided that since I was having a change of scenery that I was going to just keep to myself this time I would stay quiet and try to remain unseen. the last thing I need to do is attract attention to myself I just want to make it through the year alive. I don't want to be noticed I just know the kids will hate me. I can't let people know that I am there . I wish I could be invisible.

" dad please don't make me leave do you have any idea how hard it is to start over." I begged to my dad.

" Emeli, our flight is in 3 days and I have already sold the house. We are moving and that is final." that was no changing his mind now.

"But Dad I can't start over I hate having to hide who I am . I have friends here that know about me They Know Who I am what I am. I don't want to live a lie not again not now I was so close I'm almost done with high school I can't do it." I told this to my dad as I cried on the sofa and I almost empty living room .

"I know things are hard honey but it's not the end of the world you can make it work you have me here you won't go through this alone I'll always be here to help you you know that" he tried to explain this to me in a calm voice with a settling tone just like he always does his words so soothing but this time it did not work my tears continue to fall and my fear and nervousness took over I was so scared I have no clue what I was going to do . Now don't get me wrong I love my father I genuinely do but sometimes I just don't think that he understands things are hard especially when you are a teenage girl this is my life now and I have to be prepared to take care of myself.