One Last Call: See you Again

[Claire's POV]

"Hello? Can I speak to Jake? Thank you."

I want to talk to him, I want to...I really want to hear his voice again...

"Hello? Who is this?" A young man spoke calmly on the phone...

It's him, it's got to be him...no doubt it, I remember that calm voice...

"Jake? It's me, Claire. Do you still remember?" I spoke happily but softly... I can't stop my feeling of happiness; I've missed him a lot...

"Claire? I'm so glad you called. How are you doing? It's been a year."
I suddenly got surprised of what he said... A year? Has it been that long since he left? A sudden feeling of sadness and anger crossed my mind...

"Claire? Are you still there?"
"Ah yes, I'm still here. I'm fine, how about you? How was it in the States?"
"Yes I'm fine. It's great here in the States though. I'm the Philippines now. We're going to meet soon."
He's happy he's home, but I felt sad... A year?
"Jake?"
"Hm, yes Claire?"
"Has it been a year already?" I spoke coldly...
"Claire? Are you mad? Look I'm sorry it took so long. But, I'm coming home now. Aren't you happy? Even just for me?"

Yes. I'm happy... But still, you didn't kept your promise...

"Didn't you said it's only for 2 months? Why did you took so long? A year? You've been gone for a year."

"I'm sorry Claire. I got a problem so I got delayed, it took me a year to leave the States. Look, forget about that. Anyway, let's meet in our old special meeting place at 3 OK? I want to see you soon again, in our special place. You will go right?" He sounded so happy...

"Yeah." I replied...

-END CALL-

We will meet in an old bridge at 3 O'Clock...
I went, but he hasn't come yet...
Time passed away, I waited for him patiently; until an hour passed...
A girl rushed towards me...
Who is she? Wait. Don't tell me...
"Are you Claire Cruz?"
"Who are you?"
"I was sent here by Jake."
"You know him?"
"Yes. Enough questions. I need to tell you something very important."
Is she gonna tell me she is his new girlfriend? No. Impossible, we love each other he can't possibly cheat on me right?
She said something in my ear...
As words come out of her mouth, I felt like my world shattered in pieces... My eyes widened in shock..

I ran away from the girl. I can't believe what I just heard...
I quickly called Jake... I CANT BELIEVE THIS AT ALL

Pick it up...please pick it up... I thought to myself...

"Hello?"

"YOU IDIOT! WHY DIDN'T YOU TOLD ME BEFORE YOU LEFT! WHY!? ANSWER ME!" I asked Jake angrily. I just couldn't believe he kept it secret from me...

"She told you, didn't she?" He said calmly...

"WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT!? IT'S BETTER THAT I KNEW IT BUT...WHY DID IT HAVE TO COME FROM ANOTHER PERSON!? WHY NOT FROM YOU?"

"Calm down Claire. Let me tell you something first. But please calm down for a sec."

"HOW COULD I CALM DOWN? I THOUGHT YOU LOVE ME, THEN WHY? HOW COULD YOU?" I broke to tears...

It started raining but it didn't stop me from going to him...
"That's right. I LOVE you, I really, really love you. I love you so much that I couldn't bring myself to tell you that. I just don't have enough courage. So, please calm down and let me explain, OK?"

I calmed down for a bit but I continued running...

"Claire, now that you know it. Please don't get mad at me. Can you forgive me? For what I have done?"