Chapter One

**Nikoles POV**

I  woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. I get up and it's 7:00, I get out of bed and go to the bathroom to take a shower. After I wash my hair and face I wrap the towel around my body. I go back to my room and grab a Nike shirt and shorts for the day.

After I change I dry my hair and put it in a messy bun. I put on my socks and sneakers and check my phone. I have 14 messages from Jake, Madison and Avary. After I text them back its already 7:45 so I grab my book bag and go downstairs. Moms already left for work, I make a bowl of cereal. After eating I put my bowl in the sink and wait for Jake.

I know I'm sixteen but getting a license is so expensive I have to wait for another year, after I save up enough money. I almost have enough but I want to have a little extra. My mom gave me most of it but I don't like other people paying for me. I told her I wouldn't take anymore from her.

Jake pulled up the driveway and I shut and locked the front door as I walked out of the house. I reached the car and threw my book bag in the backseat and got in the front seat beside Jake. "Hey Nikki" Jake calls me Nikki. "Hey" I said as he started the car.

After he pulled out of my driveway I put my hand beside his face "Jake" I said as he turned my hand softly hit him on the cheek and I burst out laughing. "Haha very funny Nikki" he said trying not to smile but he failed. "Oh come on you don't know what you'd do without me" I said smiling at him.

He glanced at me and smiled "yeah I do". I shot him a look "oh yeah, like what" I said trying to be serious but a grin crossed my face. "Let's see I wouldn't have this annoying little sixteen year old in my font seat everyday Monday through Friday to go to school." He paused. "But I also wouldn't have my best friend" he said glancing at me.

"Hah! You know you love me" I said turning my head slightly to look out the window. He just let out a small laugh as we pulled up to the school. It was only 8:12 and class didn't start till 8:30 so I went to my first period class and put my stuff down. I went down the hall and found Ava.

"Hey girl" Ava said giving me a hug. "Wassup" I asked. "Wow. We're so much alike but yet so different" she says taking a step back and looking at me with a smile and shaking her head.

See, Ava and I have been friends since we were 6. When we first met we knew we came from two different worlds. Me, being the "sports freak" as she likes to call it and her, well, she's more into the makeup and the boys and so on, I guess is the best way to put it.

After talking to Ava for a while it's 8:28. "I'll see you at lunch" I say and walk away. I get back to class and I just barely made it in time for the bell.

After my first two period classes I have gym and then lunch. Jake and I always meet at the end of the hall for gym class. No, were not dating. We're just really good friends. We've known each other since pre-school. Everyone says we would be such a cute couple, but he's like a brother to me so I don't like him like that. Or, do I........