Chapter 1 : Even When Life Changes

Atakina POV

I'm Atakina Gyrusti, 19 years old. I lived in the most luxurious places in town, until my parents passed away when I was 11 during a theft. After that my 15 year old brother, Rikuta took care of me as if I was his own child. We had money from our parents will, which we used to survive. My brother told me that we had to 'preserve for the future' (meaning until he gets a job), and then we spend some of our money on good things like:

Expensive food,
Extremely Fashionable clothes,
Cell phones,
Laptops,

Or

Going to a funland.

I work at the 'Lots of Pots' teahouse. I work as a hostess and dance for the customers. Most of the men there agree on the fact that I'm 'the most beautiful thing in the planet', but me? Not so much.

I don't like attention because it leads to questions, then it leads to answers, and that leads to me going crazy over powers. Which isn't good at all. Did I mention that I have powers? Skills to be exact. I can control and read people's thoughts. No one knows about this besides my brother and myself. I only use it when I'm in deep trouble or need to persuade someone. No one else has these powers/skills though. I be always wondered why. People get levitation, electronic control, fire, water, earth... but my power...No.

I never told anyone because people would use me for stupid things or... DANGEROUS THINGS. I loved my mom, because she taught me how to keep control of this. Or else people would be able to hear my thoughts. Weird huh?

It's 10pm and I'm walking home. The alleys at Trinka are cold and scary. Even thinking about this made me scared.

"Please don't sir.  Don't hurt me!" An echo of a man pleading said.

"I'm so sorry I had to do this, but you just don't take care of your village anymore. Instead you buy young girls from the black market, make them do your bidding and if they don't, you kill them." The assassin said.

"No no please. If you don't hurt me I will never do it again. PLEASE!!" The man said.

"We gave you a chance already, and you didn't use it. So now, it's your turn to feel the pain that they get."and as he said this he slit the man's head off.

I stood there flabbergasted. Staring at the assassin. I built up my strength and said "Hello there."

He looked at me and jumped on the roof. As I jumped up he vanished.

'I wonder who that assassin was. And why that man bought young girls from the black market? And what did he mean by we?' I asked myself.

Too many questions in my head. I'll just try to sleep it off...

}Next Day{

So many thoughts have passed my brain about what I saw last night. Today was my day off, so I have time to investigate the scene.

I went to the very alley I saw it all happen. The body of the man killed was gone. I wonder where the assassin hid it.

This is a very scary village, although there are some fun places as well.

}In the evening{

Finally my brother's made up his mind about going to the restaurant Tanda-nami! He even let me get a new kitana! This is going to be soooooo...

"I'm gonna leave you so dress faster up there! Your taking a million years!" Rikuta yelled.

"Stop yelling like there's no tomorrow. I still have to do my make-up. You do realise this is a once in a lifetime thing, Right?" I explained.

"Just go faster ok?" He asked.

"No. N-O and nothing after that, forever and ever and ever." I said.

"Pretty please with all the cherries on top. I'll even get you a real sundae with a cherry on top. I promise." He pleaded.

My biggest weakness.... cherries. Sometimes I wish I  never told him about my weakness of cherries. Who doesn't love cherries. They're like the best fruit in the world, even though they're quite small.

"I'm ready!" I scream.

As I walk down the stairs I see Rikuta gaping at my attire. It looks like yes on freeze mode. Or something like that. I think?

}At Tanda-nami{

"Welcome to Tanda-nami. The best restaurant in the village. Do you have a table booked sir?" The host asked.

"Yes I do. Gyrutsi." Rikuta  answered.

"Oh yes sir right on time! I'll be your host for the night. Right this way sir and madam." He said as he showed us to our table.

Everything here is so... fancy. I knew this was a fancy restaurant and all but I dnt think I'm dressed good enough for it. Thats how it makes you feel. It makes you worry about clothes like seriously , CLOTHES. I mean like seriously?

Bang!

That's when i heard it.

Clang!

No one seems to care about it. I wonder why.

Is t because they know that mysterious guy I met in he alley? Or the rich didn't care about anyone but themselves? I guess I'll never know since these guys aren't easy to read. All that's in their brains is gold. Literally. I've always seen themeating gold. Eating it like there's no tomorrow. And then they call us weirdos.

Who in the world can eat gold?

I decide to check what's happening at the back and suddenly I see...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Rikuta on the floor, while drowning in his own blood!

"Rikuta. RIKUTAAAAAAAAA!" I scream. He doesn't respond at all.

I check his heartbeat... It's not there! I cry for help but no one notices me screams. As heavy as he is I picked him and walked back home.

It was late at night so nobody bothered to help me or even look at me. This town is a cold and cruel place.

I've lost my brother and now I'm only one left. I am the last of my family. The last of my clan. The last... Gyrutsi.