Sad story about dogs

Hate dogs? Hate change? Are a selfish g*t? Then this page is not for you.

This is a true story about a poisonous dog pod. Don't believe me? Go to this: http://dogingtonpost.com/purinas-beneful-ignores-consumer-complaints/#.UeUJGny9KSN

Over in America, there is this dog food called Beneful. It had mostly vegetables and no meat. The stuff in it was very dangerous for dogs. Ingredients (if you don't want to read a long list, go to the end where the stars are) are listed here:

Some of the ingredients are genetically modified, or GMO. GMOs are very bad for all animals, including humans and dogs.

Here are the ingredients of Beneful Dry Dog food. I have bolded in red the ingredients that are not only inappropriate for a carnivorous diet, are down right bad for their bodies.

Ground yellow corn, chicken by-product meal, corngluten meal, whole wheat flour, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), rice flour, beef, soy flour, sugar,propylene glycol, meat and bone meal, tricalcium phosphate, phosphoric acid, salt, water, animal digest, sorbic acid (a preservative), potassium chloride, dried carrots, dried peas, calcium propionate (a preservative), L-Lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, added color(Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 2), DL-Methionine, Vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium carbonate, copper sulfate, Vitamin B-12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin D-3 supplement,menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), calcium iodate, folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.

Here I will explain why these ingredients are so bad.

Ground Yellow Corn- As many people are aware, corn is not very good for you. Almost all of it is genetically modified these days and full of sugar. Corn is even worse for dogs. Grains and vegetables like corn should have no part in a dogs diet. Digesting grains and veggies puts a lot of extra strain on the dogs pancreas to produce an enzyme called Amylase. People naturally produce this in their saliva and other digestive juices naturally so there is no extra strain to digest veggies. Dogs do not produce Amylase naturally so their bodies have to work extra hard to digest the corn that isn't even doing anything good for their bodies.

Chicken by-product meal- Chicken by product meal sounds relatively harmless, but it is not. The "chicken" in Beneful is the dirty slaughterhouse waste of beaks and feathers, There is very little actual meat in chicken by product meal.

Corn gluten meal- Here is corn again as the third ingredient. Not only unnecessary, but bad for a dog's body.

Whole Wheat Flour- Grains, whole or not, have absolutely no use in a dog's diet. They put unnecessary strain on their bodies.

Animal Fat- Big red flag. What animal did this come from? This meat could have come from anywhere. Euthanized cattle, roadkill, or any of the 4D meats: Dead, Dying, Diseased, or Disabled animals, none of which would be fit for human consumption.

Rice Flour- Yet another unhealthy grain. All this corn and flour is just filler. It bulks up the food without providing any real nutrients. Can also contain arsenic. The FDA has yet to establish a safe maximum level allowed.

Soy Flour- Soy is very unhealthy. All soy that is not organic is genetically modified by the company MONSANTO. Soy is another filler which should have no place in a dog's diet (or even a human's!). The phytates found in soy block the body from absorbing calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc.

Sugar- What is sugar doing in dog food?! This is totally bad for dogs! No animal needs added sugar in their food. Very bad for physical and mental health in people and dogs.

Propylene Glycol- This ingredient has been banned by the FDA for use in cat food, but is still present in some low quality dog foods. It is used to de-ice airplanes and it is used in antifreeze for automobiles.

Meat and Bone Meal- More anonymous meat. Meat and Bone Meal is not considered a quality ingredient.

Animal Digest- More anonymous meat. This is a chemically hydrolized concoction of unspecified parts of the animal. Hydrolized oils and fats are very bad for the body. Hydrolized oils and fats are also known as TRANS FATS. These lead to irregular body fat distribution and weight gain. Eating this will put animals at higher risk for heart disease and diabetes.

Artificial Colorings: Bad for you, bad for your dog. Your dog doesn't care what color his food is. The colorings are to attract the buyer at the dogs expense.

Menadione- A very controversial form of vitamin K. Also unnecessary. Menadione has been linked to liver toxicity, allergies, and abnormal breakdown of red blood cells.

There are no added probiotics in this food. A high quality dog food with have probiotics added.

The minerals in this dog food are not chelated. Non chelated minerals are more difficult to absorb and are associated with low quality dog food.

***

This dog food has very little meat.

Loads and loads of people bought this product, not knowing the deadly substances where in it. The symptoms started showing, bleeding, vomiting, hacking, going blind, internal bleeding, kidney failure, and much more. Dogs died everywhere. The ones that didn't die just yet, were taken to the vets then died soon after. The vets began to realise that it was Beneful causing this. When they asked all the dying dog owners what dog food their dog ate, all they got was continuous 'Beneful' 'Beneful' 'Beneful'. Thousands of complaints flooded into the Beneful website and hundreds of emails were sent.

Yet, get this, THEY IGNORED THEM. Yes, Purina ignored their customers, saying that, 'oh, rumours spread so quickly' and 'oh, you must have made a mistake, Beneful is completely safe' and 'oh, your dear little dog must have caught a disease, we care so MUCH about dogs'.

So far, it's estimated that round about 3,000 dogs have died already.

So, read enough? Completely sickened by Beneful? Is YOUR dog one of the ones dying? Want to make a change? Well there's a petition going on, and we'd like you to sign it! You, yes, you, the very one reading this right now, YOU could be the one to make a change! All you have to do is sign this petition:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/purina-stop-making-the-beneful-food-line-or-at-least-change-the-recipe

You don't have to use your name or city, as it tells you. All you have to do is make up false ones (if you like) and your email. Please put why it's important to you, even if it's just 'I love dogs' or if it's a full blown paragraph. Please stay up to date with our campaign, and share this or the petition on Facebook or Twitter, tell all your friends and family members to sign, and if you have more than one email address, then please do sign again.

Please post this again if you want to get even more signatures for the petition.

Hurry up and sign, the petition ends on the 13th June 2014 (the date I will send the petition to Purina's manager) and we need a least 10,000 signatures!!!

Thanks! :D