Unexpected Turn

February 13 , 2015 .

~ I can't believe I'm about to do this . This is completely crazy . ~
I leaned in for a kiss with a guy I barely even knew , Chris. He was my ex boyfriend's cousin and I haven't seen him in two years . Why did I feel so crazy about him ? I saw him and from first sight , I fell for him . Not love , I was still mourning the break up of someone dear to me . I didn't know what this feeling was , but I liked it . I went for it and kissed him . Foolishly , we started dating that night . I knew it wasn't right of me . I knew it , but I refused to accept the fact that I am able to reject someone . My arrogance took over and I went out with him . The next day , I broke up with him . I guess you could say it was a one night stand ..? But not really , because nothing happened . We kissed a few times and that's it ... That's what teenage girls do , right ? Go to parties and socialize . Kiss boys they've never even met . I was doing what I was supposed to do at this age . His best friend texted me the night before and little did I know , it was the night I'd regret 8 months down the line .
Michael : Hey , are you dating Chris ?
Erika (AKA Me) : Why does it matter ?
Michael : I'm his best friend .
Erika : Oh , I'm sorry . Well yeah , I am.
Michael : Oh okay .
This guy , at the time , was annoying . Then we started talking . Chris and I got back together soon afterward while Michael and I kept talking . They were best friends, so it was an amazing opportunity to get close with my boyfriend . After a wile , I started to realize that I felt differently about this weirdo that just texted me one night . We both had a somewhat difficult past , we enjoyed the same music and we both had the same intellect . We enjoyed talking about different topics because we often agreed on everything . I started to develop somewhat .. Feelings . I , of course , payed no attention to this . I was dating Chris and I tried to make the best of that . Eventually feeling guilty for the way I felt about Michael , I left Chris .After a while , I found out the truth about how Michael felt . On March 9th , 2015 . My best friend was texting Michael and he spilled completely how he felt . He said he had feelings for me and he really meant it . Later that night , we went skating ... The first time I would ever meet him in person .