Tommy blue shoes

11:00pm

Casey was very tired. Where was he? What was taking him so long?

She was just adjusting the sofa when the doorbell rang. "Oh thank god", thought Casey and went for the door.

She opened the door to see Tommy's grinning face. "Missed me?" he said. "Oh sure! Show up this late at night and talk about missing. And what's with those blue shoes? I've never seen u without them. " Said an irritated Casey. "Yeah, they're my lucky shoes you could say. Sorry. I'm pretty late but the movie starts at 12:00 so it's okay I guess. C'mon now. What are you waiting for?" said Tommy, pulling Casey's hand outside. "Oh, were going to the movie hall? I thought we were gonna watch at home. Huh, anyway. Let me get dressed now." Casey replied, ushering Tommy inside.
She quickly went upstairs to her room and put on a satin red dress.

"I'm ready!" she announced as she came down the stairs. "At last." said Tommy, relieved. He opened the door and waited outside. Casey locked the door and soon joined him and they walked away.

2:30am

It was a good movie. Casey thought as she reached her house. She was about to take out her keys when she noticed that the door was open. "That's strange. I'm pretty sure I closed it before leaving." Slowly she walked inside. She tried to switch on the light but in vain. There was usually no electricity in her colony between 2:00am to 4:00am. "Stupid light." She muttered. She went up to her room and noticed a shadow from the bedroom door. Knitting her eyebrows, she slowly tiptoed inside and took a deep breath, a confused expression on her face. "You?" she said, perplexed.

2:47am

Mrs. Potts had just woken up by a nightmare. She helped herself to the bedside table for a drink of water. She checked the time. Her neighbor, young Casey was having her new boyfriend over that evening. Casey had requested Mrs. Potts to make her special dessert for them. She wondered if they had had fun and if the boy had left yet. She was just going to take another sip of water when she heard a distant scream from the next door. She got up and placed the glass of water aside on the table and opened her door. Leaving her door ajar, she went to Casey's door and rang the doorbell. "Casey, dear, it's me, Mrs. Potts." There was no answer. She tried a couple more times before reaching under Casey's doormat for the extra key. She took it out and with trembling hands opened the door. It was dark inside. She took out her phone and switched on her flashlight. She went up to Casey's bedroom and looked inside. Her mouth hung open, unable to make the slightest sound. In there, lying on the floor was an unconscious Casey. Her shoulders had three holes each the size of a nail. It looked like it had been bitten and was bleeding rapidly. There was a patch of blue material near Casey's foot. There was blood everywhere and no sign of any other life form...

4:01am

Two days. That's how long Casey's parents had left her alone at home. They were coming back on their flight and had reached the airport when they suddenly got a call from their old neighbor, Mrs. Potts. They rushed back to their house as they heard the news. Casey's mother started grieving at the sight of her daughter's body and the police investigated the area and questioned Mrs. Potts and the parents. The doctors said that the holes on Casey's shoulder sure did look like bite marks. The only piece of evidence the police found was a blue cloth piece which wasn't much help as it came clean in the lab tests. They looked in the address book and called up Casey's friends without any luck about any information about Tommy. According to other records and further investigation, there never was a Tommy who knew Casey in the whole city..........