Untitled Part 1

Chapter One

My name is Tate. Yeah i know weird name right? And no it is not short for Taylor or anything my name is just Tate. My father got to name me. Thats pretty much all i ever knew about my father except the fact that two months after i was born my mother came home one day to find he was no longer there. She said he had left because things got too hard for him. He was not ready for a child. So I always thought you know it's my fault that my mother lost the love of her life.

One day I was downstairs and it was my birthday, my seventeenth to be exact, and I figured its time I knew about what my father was like.

I come downstairs and see my mom is in the kitchen. I walk over to her and smile. "Hey Mom."

"Hey sweetheart. You hungry? I made some waffles and eggs, I know waffles are your favorite." She gives me a huge smile. "Oh yeah, and happy birthday babygirl." She hugs me and i hug her back.

"Thanks mom. Is it okay if I go to the mall and out to lunch with Pey today? I figured me and you could do maybe super if you would like?" And i grab a waffle and slap it down on my plate next to some eggs. I look over at her and see her staring and smiling at me. I smile back at her kinda awkwardly. "You hear me mom?"

She nods her head "Yes I did. And super sounds great I will make the reservations just be home by maybe five?" And she smiles at me before pulling out her phone to answer a phone call.

I smile "Sure mom." And I walk over to the table and start to eat my pancakes as she walks out of the room on the phone.

I hear the downstairs door open and shut and I hear Pey shouting my name. Pey is my best friend, and yes Pey is short for Peyton. I finish my last coat of mascara and check myself in the mirror. I am wearing pink high waisted shorts with a black crop top and a pair of sandals. I guess I never told you what I actually look like have I? Well, I have red hair but it almost looks more brownish, It goes just above my shoulders. I usually straighten my hair. I have dark brown eyes. I am curvy, also I am 5'2. I have pretty straight teeth lots of people comment on how straight they are.

Anyways, back to what I was saying. I smile at myself in the mirror one last time and grab my gold bag and run down the stairs. I see Pey standing at the bottom of my stairs.

"Finally. I have been down here for the past hour waiting for you. Now let's go before I change my mind about paying for your lunch." And she turns around after giving me a small smile and opens the front door and heads to her car. I follow her and as I shut the door I shout to tell my mother goodbye.

I wave goodbye to Pey, it is around 5:10 so i am a little late but hopefully I still have enough time to get ready for our dinner reservations. I walk up to my door and Pey drives away. I smile 'Hey mom! Im home!" I shut the door and throw my bag down. I don't hear her reply so I walk around the corner to the kitchen. "Mooomm?" I hear a bang come from upstairs. I walk towards the stairs and jog up them. "Mom what are you doing?" When i get to the top of the stairs someone in all black with a biker jacket comes running out of my mother's room. He pushed me into the wall and I hit my head. Next I hear the front door close and my mother whimpering in the other room. I pull myself up and walk into my mother's room. She is laying in a puddle on blood holding her stomach. She looks up at me and I fight the tears as I dial 911.

I look up at the doctor, "So that's it? She's just gone?" He gives me a sympathetic look.

"Is there anyone I could call? I'm so sorry for your loss." I just shake my head as I turn around and walk out of the hospital. I had no clue where I was going but I did not want to be there. I went back home and I sat on the porch swing that was on our front porch. I stare down at my hands as a tear falls. I have no one else. I am on my own. I hear motorcycles which is weird for this part of town I look up and see three motorcycles pull into my driveway, one leading the other two. I notice the vest which says "Inked Skulls" this is the biker gang from a town over. I stand up and look at them a little terrified as to what they are doing here.

The leader gets off of his bike and takes off his helmet. I notice he has brown hair close to what my natural hair color is. He slowly walks up to the porch and stops before going up the stairs. He gives me a smile that I think was meant to be warm but coming from him was actually kinda scary. "Can I come up?" I look at him and then to the floor and then back to him and nod my head. He walks up the stairs and stands in front of me.

I look up at him as he tries a warm smile again. "I heard about your mother and got on the bike as soon as I could to head out here. He looks me in the eyes and I wonder how he possibly heard about my mother when it just happened not even two hours ago. "I know this may sound weird and you're not going to believe me.. but I am your father and I don't know what your mother has told you about me but I would like the chance to explain myself."

My jaw drops. Did this man just show up on my doorstep with his gang and try to tell me he is my father? My father does not even live in this state. Or at least that is what my mother had told me.