Chapter 1

"Ow, Embry get your ass off of me, I'm not a fucking seat." I screamed as Paul and Jared laughed as I struggled to get up. "This is what happens when you pull a prank on me, and this is your consequence." He replied and I rolled my eyes and continued to struggle.

"Carter just give up." Paul explained and I glared at him and said "I can't breathe, he's killing me." I wined and heard Sam,and Quil come in and looked at the scene before them. "Oh hey Carter how's it going?" Quil asked casually, laughing and walked on the other side of the living room and sat down.

"Get off me you mutt." I wined. He shook his head and I was getting pissed. Fine if he doesn't want to get off me, then I'll make him. I let my claws come out and everyone saw this but Embry. "Embry can you please get off me?" I asked. He still shook his head no and so I took my claws and slashed his leg only for him to get off me, and he did.

"Ow Carter what the hell." Everyone laughed and Embry went into the kitchen still glaring at me. "Finally I can breathe." I got off the couch and my knees cracks multiple times. "Damn how long was he sitting on you."

"An hour." I replied and walked into the kitchen to see Sam and Emily sucking faces. "Ah, my virgin eyes!" I screamed and they broke apart. "Ya, like Sam will believe that your still a virgin."

"Fuck off Embry." I muttered and ran outside. I made my way to the beach to see Bella and Jacob on the beach holding hands. I cringed at the sight, as I felt my heart being shattered. Well I guess this is a good time to tell you a little bit about myself.

My name is Carter Mason and I'm a werecat. My dad was a wolf and my mom was a cat to guard accident tombs in Egypt. I'm considered a weapon to vampires, and witches. Anyway I have auburn colored hair that touches my mid back and bright blue eyes. Sam raised me ever since my parents left me. Sam and the guys have been more than any family I could ask for.

As for Jacob, he is my imprint and he has phased. He imprinted on me the minuet he saw me, but rejected me. Since Bella was going through her depression stage she needed him I guess and so they decided to date. Well they've been dating for five months now and I have a feeling that I will never get my imprint back.

I sighed and leaned my back on the tree and stared out into the ocean. I heard footsteps coming from behind me, but didn't bother to turn around.

"Hey babe how's it going?" I sighed and looked at Paul who pulled me into his lap. No Paul and I aren't dating, but he acts like it just to make me feel better. He's the one who helped me the most with this whole process.

"Honesty not to good." He looked over at Jacob and Bella and growled loudly. "He doesn't deserve you Carter, you can do so much better." That was a complete lie, I can not do better, hell I was in complete shock when Jacob imprinted on me, and I was so happy until he rejected me for her.

It was actually really cold in Lapush, so I wore a long sleeve shirt from Victoria secret and rolled up the sleeves. When I rolled them up I could see the red scars on my wrists from when I cut them a while back. The ones on my legs are a little worse, but they're healing. Paul growled when he saw the damage I have done to myself.

"Carter please don't do that to yourself again. Last time you did that you almost bleed to death." I nodded and stood up. Paul grabbed my hand and walked opposite of Bella and Jacob. "Let's just have a little fun." He smirked. We continued walking and I caught sight of Jacob looking our way.

I saw him roll his eyes and continued to walk with Bella. "Carter." I turned toward Paul but before I could answer his lips were on mine. I smiled into the kiss and so did he. His hands were wrapped around my waist and I put my hands around his neck.

We pulled away laughing and panting. "That was more than just a little fun." He shrugged and said "well I think it worked." I looked over and saw Jacob glaring at us, and still holding Bella's hand. I rolled my eyes and walked off. We walked back to Sam's house and walked inside to see Jacob and Bella already there making out. Of course, that fucking bastard I swear I'll kill him.

It didn't bother me as much as it did a few months back. I don't cut myself anymore or drink that much. Those were the only things that could take the pain away, and of course Paul did to. I sighed and walked upstairs to my room. I took a shower and put on my pj's, which consist of shorts and a t-shirt. I let my hair air dry and headed back downstairs to see Bella no longer on Jacob's lap, and to see her truck was gone also. Thank god.  I thought to myself. Jacob, Embry, and Quil were in the living room watching tv, and Paul, Jared, and Sam went on patrol.

Great now I have nothing to do. "Hey Carter come here." Embry called. Fuck him, he knows that I'm in pain because of the rejection, but he only does it for his enjoyment.  He glared at me as I made my way to the other side of the living room and sat down on the chair. He kept glaring at me and Embry started bursting out laughing.

"You guys are so funny." Embry kept laughing and Quil rolled his eyes. "Shut the fuck up Embry, go fuck yourself."

"Go fuck Paul." Jacob butted in. Oh he just went there I'm gonna fucking kill him. Sam, Paul, and Jared walked in and came into the living room. "Go fuck Bella, oh wait you already did that." I fucking hate him so much, why couldn't I have a normal imprint.

He growled and stormed out. That bastard. Embry stopped laughing but still was smiling and lightly laughing. "What did we miss?" Jared asked amused. Quil told him the whole story and Paul was pissed the most. He grabbed my hand as we headed outside.

"Carter it hurts me to see you like this, so I'm inviting you to stay at my place." Before I could object he picked me up and placed me into his truck. We drove in silence until we reached his house. "Thanks for letting me stay here."

"No problem." He said and took my hand and led me into his room. His room was actually pretty clean, considering this was a guys room. "Damn you have a nice room."

He smirked and sat on his bed. "Why can't I have a normal imprint instead of Jacob?" Tears started to form and Paul grabbed my wrist and made me sit on his lap. "I wish I was your imprint." He whispered into my neck and slightly kissing it. "Me to." I sighed. We laid like that for a while until Paul got up to shower.

He came back in a few minuets later in only a towel on his waist that was hanging dangerously low. He grabbed a pair of shorts and went back into the bathroom. He came back out in black basketball shorts and no shirt. "Babe it's rude to stare."

"I wasn't staring, just admiring." I replied as he got in bed and laid me on top of him. "Carter." He whispered my name. "What?" I asked and looked up at him. "I love you and don't ever forget that."

"I love you to." I whispered and found his lips on mine in a matter of seconds. He moaned into my mouth and his hands traveled up my t-shirt. He pulled back and kissed the top of my head. "Goodnight Carter."

"Goodnight."