Where Am I

I'm walking on the side walk in downtown Philly and the roads are vacant. I hear a beeping noise, one that kinda sounds like an alarm. I ignore it and continue walking and come to a crosswalk, there's no one on the road at this time, which is weird because it's 10:00pm on a Saturday night and there's usually drunk men always trying to get my number or take me home. I'm use to it and always ignore them but right now, there's none that I have even seen, let alone laid eyes on me.
          I ignore the sign, obviously giving me a no crossing signal, and keep on walking. I'm almost to the other side but in the corner of my eye I see a blinding light. I hold my hand up to block it from my eyes "What the hell?." A car comes into sight and is going unexplainably fast for a driver in these streets. The noise of the car horn is soaring towards me along with the car, I'm shocked and still. I couldn't move! I'm screaming and whaling but there's no one to be seen and nothing but me and my flesh about to meet this car head on with no mercy.
          My head is filled with so many thoughts and in that moment some one pushes me across the road. I stumble to the other side just in time for the car to miss me. My mind puzzled and I get up shaking and still not realizing what had just happened. I hear the car drive over something but it never came to mind until I knew it had to be that person, that human being, who just saved my life and risked his doing it.
          I cover my mouth trying not to release a sob and run over to this man. Never knowing who he was I couldn't make out his features in the darkness. He is face down in the street, blood everywhere. At this moment I couldn't hold it in any longer and I start to cry, harder, and harder. I reach him and put my hands around him and *eek.* eek.* eek.*
          I open my eyes, oddly they're puffy, but knowing what my parents had gone through this week it wasn't surprising. I pound my alarm clock silent and I rub my temples to get rid of my massive headache I had suddenly woken up to. Overwhelmed to the beginning of my day, my brain settles and my thoughts come back, along with my dream. I put my hand up to my swollen face and graze my cheek to feel my dried tears from the nightmare I had just woken from.