Chapter 1

The phone rings as I suddenly wake up.
I find myself on the couch, it's already dark outside.
To my feet there's an empty wine bottle, I pick it up but it already left stains on the carpet. "Shit..." I complain.
As I realize the phone still ringing I hurry to get it.

"Jeez, what is it?" I harrumph into the receiver.

"Oh my god Lianne, have you been drinking again?? It's me, Clarissa!"

"I swear I just drank a little bit. It's not your business anyway! What do you want?"

"You have to get out of your cave again, you can't hang in the past forever. I wanted you to go out with me. A little partying, dancing, drinking - well you managed that part on your own now - but you get the idea"

"Not interested" I say and hang up.
Immediately I feel bad for it, Clare is your best friend you asshole, so I message her.

Sry for hanging up.
Mood = shitballs.
Come over if you want.
-L

I sit down on the sofa and take a deep breath. Maybe she's right, I think.
I haven't really left the house for half a year now, since my husband has fallen.
We were only maried 3 months when he had to go to war.
As Im drifting away in my thoughts the bell rings.
Before I'm even able to stand up and take the door it opens on its own. Clare's got a key to my flat, I almost forgot.

"Lil! Are you alright? You look like a mess."

She yells as she comes towards the sofa in big steps.

I've managed to stand up in the meantime

"Why thank you, I like your dress as well."

She gives me that ironic look she's known for, gives me a loving hug and sits down, pulling me down as well. She looks at me reproachful, guess she's seen the wine bottle.

"Babe... I know this is hard for you. But you haven't met someone or even talked to someone in 7 months now.
You have to keep moving! I love you so much Lil... and I want you to enjoy your life, you're yet so young, you turn 23 soon!
So let's go and make some new friends, okay?"

"Like...now??"
I ask, still gobsmacked by her little speech.
"You know that I drank 'some' wine right?"

"Well, you carry it off well. Let's get going. We'll grab something to eat on our way.
But you should change your clothes before we leave."

She claps twice

"Vas-y! Vite vite!"

Before she talks more french I go into my wardrobe to change.
What the heck do I wear outside now...
Knowing that Clare wouldn't take me in my band t-shirts I decide for a black blouse with white little umbrellas which is indeed my favorite top part.
For underneath I decide for some black jeans in which I partly stick the blouse.
Advantageously my lightblonde mohawk already lays in place so I don't have to worry about that.

I go back to Clarissa, who somehow changed her clothes aswell. She's now wearing a dark lacy crop top and a cute black puffed out skirt.

"You look fabulous!" I tell her.

She turns around,: "Thank you, I-"

She stops as she sees me. My confidence drops as I see her stare.

"Wh-what does it look bad?"

She runs the two steps between us towards me and hugs me very tight.

"Are you kidding? You look stunning!"

I enjoy this moment of appreciation and the warm hug of my best friend a little more, then she grabs my hand and exited yells,:

"Let's go!"

-to be continued