Chapter 1

I thrust out my hand and flicked my wrist. I felt the warm touch of leather that was strapped around a cold metal sword. A gust of wind blew my hair into my eyes. I held my sword tightly to defend myself. I was in a dark tunnel. I snapped my fingers and then my eye sight could see through the dark.

I herd footsteps behind me. "David is that you"? My voice quivered. "Yes it's me". A darker voice said. "Your Nia is it"? "Yes" I yelled. "Put your weapon down nothing bad is going to happen trust me". David put out his hand in greeting. "Umm...ok". I put my hand under my sword and with my other hand pushed it. Instead of falling it flew with the wind.

I watched it go. "Follow me". Came the sound of David's voice. We passed through a lot of dark tunnels. Some had ruby outlines or nothing. I was about to ask David how long till we're there when he stopped right in front of me. I bumped into him how embarrassing. He stopped in front of a huge cave. My mouth dropped.

"This is where you will get some supplies to start your journey. You will be staying here for about 2 weeks then you will start your journey". David said. Then David made a fist with his right hand and put his left had on top of his right. He murmured a few words then he punched the side of the cave.

"Why can't you just walk in the cave instead of doing what you just did"? I asked. "It's a trap". David said. "Oh". I felt my cheeks grow hot red.

Then there was a big booming voice that came from the caves entrance. A man about 6 feet tall with long gray hair and his face had blue bright eyes but you can tell he's get old. "David! What took you so long"? The man said. "Hi master Kiron. Don't ask me why we took so long, ask her". David pointed at me. I felt my cheeks go hot red again. "Oh don't embarrass are new student David". Kiron said. "He already did". I said. And added quickly,"twice". I put up 2 fingers.

Kiron let out a big booming laugh. "Ok ok let's go in". Kiron said putting out his hand for me to shake. I cloud see a mark of a sign I haven't learned yet in my study's. "What does that mean". I pointed at the mark. "Oh that's the sign A-Ron. Which means no weakness". Kiron said. "Cool". "Hehe ok let's go on in".

When we walked in the room was a huge circle. In side the wall in glass cases there were glowing orbs. "David show Nia to her room". Kiron said pointing to three orbs. "How do you know my name"? I asked. "Oh sorry forgot to mention I know everyone's name in the magic world. "Obviously". I said shaking my head.

David grabbed my arm and dragged me off to where Kiron pointed at the three orbs. One was a beautiful scarlet and a one with a magnificent sky blue. The third one was a little unusual. It was purplish pink but the color was flailing everywhere in the glass case. "You can't pick the orb the orb will pick you". David advised.

"I wanted the sky blue but when I touched it it shocked me. My hand started to smoke. "I guess it doesn't like me". I murmured. So I went for the scarlet one but no nothing I guess I have to go for the pink. I thought. I put my hand through the glass case and touched the orb but this time when I touched it I felt everything around me disappear then I fell to the floor of a gorgeous room. "Where am I". I murmured.