Immortal Love

Part 1- Angela

The day I moved to Spoon is the day where all my problems started. It all happened when my dad's company decided to move him to Spoon for the new branch there. Spoon is my kind of place, rainy and there's hardly any sunshine. We are a family of vampires. I am seventeen, but seriously, I'm 357 years old. We never really age, so eventually we would have to move and start over again.

            I was really nervous on my first day of school. The rain is not helping at all. Being a vampire, I don’t really need any food, but just as habits I have my breakfast. I took the slowest car we have, and even that is not slow enough. It’s a Mercedes SLK, and it does not really help you if you are trying NOT to be the centre of attention.

            My first day of school sucks. Well actually, it’s not really that bad. Most of the boys in my classes are trying to talk to me, and it’s not really that amusing. A walk from my French class to the cafeteria would’ve taken 5 minutes, but it took like 20 minutes because all the boys were trying to follow me there. I finally got out of the crowd and fond a sit at a table with only one boy. And that is how I met Jared. Jared Roberts. We talked and I found out that he is in my History, English and P.E. class. After lunch, we walked together to our English class, and he sat beside me. We spent the whole English lesson talking, and that’s not the best thing to do on your first English lesson.

            Jared stays near the beach, and he said that it will not rain on Saturday so he and he’s friends are planning a trip to the beach. He’d ask me to come along. At first, I hesitated, but on a second thought, I might be able to make some new friends. So I agreed. I could see that he was so happy when I said that.

            So I had to cancel my plans on that Saturday, which is no problem. The plan is nothing more than going fishing with my family. My mum does not mind me cancelling though. She said I’m making new friends and she wants me to know them better.

            On Saturday, I woke up a little too early. I got ready and waited in the living room, watching the Saturday morning junks on TV, just too kill the time. Jared is supposed to pick me up at 9am. Around 8.45, I heard some engine noise outside my house. I peek through the window and I saw that it’s Jared in his black sedan. Guess I’m not the only one who is early today. I went out, taking my jacket and backpack with me. I walk to his car and tapped the window. He’s face clearly show that he’s surprised to see me there early too.

On the way to the beach, I asked him a lot of question about Spoon and the beach. He’s a pretty cool guy and easy to talk to. I’m starting to like him already.

            Saturday was awesome. I made a whole bunch of new friends, so I guess this means a lunch group. They are not really that bad, in fact, not bad at all, but I’ve not been mixing with humans for quite a while, so I’m pretty nervous about it. Unfortunately, our all day plan had to be cancelled due to the weather. By afternoon, the clouds start pulling in. We start packing our stuff and headed home. I was trying to make some plans for the rest of the day, but Jared was faster than me.

            “Angie, you want to go to the city to watch a movie? It’ gonna rain there too, but at least we’ll have something to do.”

            “Yeah, sure!” I answered; glad because he made plans already.

            We spent the whole evening watching a horror movie called ‘Bloody Shot’.  It’s about a bunch of kids who dreamed about a scary man who will hurt them in their dreams, and the things will happen in real life.