Midnight Farewell

It was a cold, cloudy night when the stars could not shine. Midnight had since passed already and silence had taken over. The universe seemed to understand that a pair needed to finish the unfinished. Time gave them the rest of the moon's embrace before the sun drifted the lovers away from each other.

Tiffany had just finished showering and she was already wearing her pink pajamas, a sign that that she was ready for bed whereas Taeyeon was still in her loose T-shirt and jeans, sitting on the left side of the bed. The latter's eyes followed the girl in pink pajamas' every move; Taeyeon did not want to miss even a slight movement as if Tiffany was the most precious sight she had ever seen. Tiffany applied her night cream and combed her beautiful, silky hair before she finally walked towards the bed, not noticing Taeyeon's gaze which never left her. The former carefully slipped her body under the duvet, pulling it until it was covering her body from her feet to her chest and then she closed her eyes. Taeyeon followed the girl's actions and laid down beside her girlfriend, not covering herself with the duvet.

"Tae, do you know how much I miss you?" Tiffany suddenly said without opening her eyes. The named girl turned her head to the right, watching Tiffany's side profile, yet her girlfriend still had her eyes closed, not even sparing Taeyeon a look.

"I know, Fany... I know because I miss you as much," Taeyeon sighed at her lover's confession.

"Do you know how miserable I get when you're not around? I'm a mess, Tae. I'm losing my grip; I'm crazy. I'm so stupid for letting myself drown in your love. If I had known that it would end like this, would I have stopped myself from falling deeply in love with you from the start?" Tiffany went on.

Taeyeon's heart broke at the thought of Tiffany not loving her.

"But again, I'm crazy, Tae. Even if I could turn back time, I would choose to fall in love with you all over again. Your love was one of the best things that I ever had in my life. Our love was a perfect scenario planned by God, a tale I believe would have had a happy ending until it happened." Tiffany's voice cracked at the end of sentence.

Taeyeon frowned at that; she turned her head away from Tiffany and diverted her gaze to the ceiling where glow-in-the-dark stickers had been plastered in the shape of the Pisces and Leo constellations.

"I'm sorry, Fany," Taeyeon mumbled.

"Can I stop loving you, Tae?" Tiffany asked in a barely audible whisper.

"Can I beg you not to?" Taeyeon's shaky response showed that she was trying her best not to break down. She heard a sigh from Tiffany.

"You know I can't stop loving you, don't you? I hope you won't stop loving me as well. What can I do without you, Tae?" Tiffany's eyes were open now as she stared at the ceiling as well.

"Every single night from the moment you were no longer here to hug me to sleep, all I could do was just stare at the ceiling, at our constellations. Wishing you were here with me and that we were side by side like our constellations there." Tiffany smiled sadly, her stare never leaving the constellations.

"I am here, Fany. I am here." Taeyeon was nearly crying.