Chapter 1

PLEASE remember that none of this belongs to me. Only the writing part. The story belongs to Urnam7—go check it out on YouTube!

If chapters are short don't blame me on "laziness". I'm writing based off of the animation. :)

Hope ya like reading!

------

A tan kit was sleeping beside his white-pelted mother. He shifted in his sleep. He was in a dark forest, the moon being the only source of light. Red eyes blinked in the darkness, staring down at the poor kit. The cats with gray pelts attacked him, no expressions on their faces. The blue-eyed kit was knocked down by one, and blood ran across his face and pooled onto the ground.

He woke up, letting out a scream. His mother awoke beside him, looking at her son. Whitepetal flicked an ear. "Dimkit, did you hear something?" She asked him.

Dimkit looked down. "No. Just a dream. It wasn't a pleasant one."

Whitepetal smiled softly. "It's okay, nothing is going to hurt us. Even though we are the only cats in the nursery at this time, we can fight off anything. Those birds and mice won't know what hit them."

"Good, then. I want to be safe. Thank you mama," Dimkit addressed his mother, laying back down beside her.

"The nightmare you had was probably caused by excitement. Tomorrow, you'll be six moons old, old enough to become an apprentice," Whitepetal explained.

Dimkit stood up in excitement. "That's right! Then I won't be by myself anymore! I'll have friends in the apprentices den to talk to!"

"That's right," Whitepetal purred, "now get some sleep, Dimkit. You have a good day ahead of you."

----

The next day an icy-blue/white she-cat stood atop of a large rock, staring down at Dimkit.

"Dimkit, do you uphold the warrior code, even at the cost of your life?"

Dimkit smiled up at Brightstar. "I do!"

"Then I, Brightstar, leader of ShadowClan, name you Dimpaw. Train hard as an apprentice so that you receive your warrior name when the time comes. I also wish Cleardrop to mentor Dimpaw," the leader designated.

Dimpaw closed his eyes with a smile. "Yes, thank you Brightstar! You won't be disappointed!"

Brightstar nodded and the Clan dispersed into usual groups, patrols being called out.

He padded over to a grassy-covered den. "I think this is the apprentices' den," he told himself.

He stuck his head through the entrance and cheerfully shouted, "Hello! I'm Dimpaw!"

Three toms, a black tabby tom with blue eyes, a chestnut-colored tom with three stripes on his back and brown eyes, and a white tom with spots down his face and underbelly with blue eyes all stared at him, the chestnut-colored one in the lead.

"Wow, I was expecting better from the new apprentice," the chestnut-colored one began unemotionally. Dimpaw's ears flattened and he narrowed his eyes in an annoyed face. He had been expecting better of these apprentices! "Someone less... Weird, maybe?" The tom continued. "Nobody pads through the door screaming "hello" and their name."

"Erg! I was only trying to be nice," Dimpaw retorted.

"I didn't expect someone so colorless either," the chestnut-colored tom went on, as if he hadn't even heard Dimpaw. "You're... Tan. Ew! If you know what I mean." The black tom beside him snickered.

I didn't expect the other apprentices to be so... Wicky. Nice first impression.

"By the way, what are your names?" Dimpaw asked casually.

"Why?" The chestnut-colored tom replied.

"I just want to know!" Dimpaw exclaimed.

"What do you say? Should we tell him?" He asked the two other apprentices by him.

The black tom looked at the chestnut-colored one. "No."

"Alright, then. If you really wanna know our names, just ask someone else," the chestnut-colored tom decided. Dimpaw narrowed his eyes.

"Why won't you even tell me your name?!" Dimpaw asked.

"We don't have to, and we don't want to," he replied stingily. "You're stepping in my nest, get out of it." The chestnut-colored tom unsheathed his claws and Dimpaw took a step back. The tan tom's ears flattened and he signed, turning away. "This is gonna be a loong six moons," the chestnut-colored tom sighed.

----

"It's okay Dimpaw, they can't bug you in training," Cleardrop, a gray she-cat with spots under her eyes and on her flank (who is also his mentor) addressed Dimpaw.

She got into a hunting position. "This is how you hunt a mouse. First, you crouch low, like this, so the mouse can't see you well." Dimpaw's eyes widened. "Then, pounce!" Cleardrop's ear flicked and she flicked her tail, leaping into the air and hitting the ground with claws unsheathed. "Now you try."

He attempted to leap at a mouse, but landed face-first in the dirt instead, missing the gray creature. "Aww..." Dimpaw sighed.

"Better luck next time," his green-eyed mentor addressed him. "Nobody gets it right the first try."

Dimpaw raised his ear. "I hear something."

A red-pelted she-cat padded out of the bushes, green eyes glowing.

"Scarletpaw, hello," Cleardrop purred to the she-cat.

"I have to head back to camp," Scarletpaw began. "Chestnutpaw, Blackpaw, and Whitepaw are waiting for me." She walked past Dimpaw and back to camp.

Chestnutpaw? Dimpaw thought. So that's his name. Oh well. Mom says never to care what anybody thinks of me. Alright. I'll listen to her. I just hope Chestnutpaw learns to respect me.