Chapter 1

I've always thought what's out there in the universe, what holds everything together in place. Many thoughts have crossed my mind, so many that I bet you couldn't even count them all. I sometimes find myself having my head to full of thoughts, my head starts hurting. Then again, I remind myself that I'm different, I mean, that's what I believe. Ever since I was little, I've always thought myself as someone who can change the way people think. Every time someone says something that they think is right, I always correct them, having my thoughts answer correctly for them. They always have that questionable face, and then their face turns to reality, reality hits them. I think I've explained  enough about my weirdly odd brain.

  Today is the day I head back to high school, senior year. I've been waiting for this day to come, to have one more year and then head off to college and do the career I've been wanting to do since I could remember. It's crazy to think that time flys with a blink of an eye. It felt as if one minute ago, I was in middle school, complaining that 7th grade was the hardest grade.

  I'm getting ready, curling my hair, doing my makeup, etc, you know, what every girl does to get ready. Many thoughts run through my brain on how my first day will be, will it be bad, great or just normal? I don't know, I just hope that I'll see the people I know and be able to have great teachers for the year.

  "Honey, you need to speed it up. School starts in 20 minutes." Mom comes in the room, she sits down on my bed, watching me put on my earings.

  "Mom I know and you do know I'm driving myself to school, not dad. I'm not thirteen years old, mom." I roll my eyes but I give her a sweet smile.

  "I know. I just can't believe that your almost a grown up." She wipes a tear from her eye.

  "It's life mom, the way it works is, your born, you live your life-" I'm cut off by mom.

  "You and your big thoughts of yours, I'll never understand how you explain about everything." She smiles wide.

I shrug and wink at her playfully. I put on my shoes and head downstairs, dad watching his morning news, Tate looking at his phone, smiling. Probably he got a cute text from a girl. I run to the kitchen, grabbing a banana, my keys, and my purse. I open the door gently and say goodbye to everyone. As I walk up to my car, mom yells my name. Running up to me in full speed.

"Astrid!" Mom yells my name like twenty times.

"Yes, mother." I roll my eyes, a small smile plays at my lips.

"Before you go, I wanted to let you know that your different from everyone else. You are Astrid Diana Williams. A girl who thinks things that people can not possibly think. I want you to know that your going to change what people think of things. I love you my AD." She hugs me tight.

"Mom, I love you so much." I kiss her cheek and walk up to my car. I turn on the ignition, slowly backing out of the drive way. Moms hair flows with the wind, she's beautiful. Dark black hair, with those crystal blue eyes. That tall lean figure of a strong woman. Mom had named my middle name Diana, her first name is Diana, she thought it would be cute to have something the same as her.

As for Tate, my brother, his hair is brown with these intense green eyes that he got from dad. As for me, I have dark brown hair, and crystal blue eyes like my mother. We all had something that we shared, we all held a great bond. I feel a small tear roll down my cheek, I love my family and I don't know what I would do with out them.