CHAPTER 1

I saw the swing go back and forth as the wind blew, the leaves fluttered and just then, a maple leaf fell on my face. Until then, I was just thinking....and observing the surroundings .It was a pleasant autumn day, and the wind didn't blow as ferocious as it did on usual autumn days, it felt as if  nature was reciprocating my innermost feelings and thoughts. I felt warm outside but hollow and empty inside.Something was missing.
I saw children run around, cycling happily, their precious and happiest smiles as their moms pushed them on the swing...no matter how much I tried I couldn't hold it in. All the memories I had with my family and all the family picnics. I loved to see my parents, how much mom loved dad and how much more dad loved her back. I tried even harder to forget it but it seemed like that day just flashed in front of my eyes:

"I'm home!" I said as I came back from school

"Freshen up fast! Its about time " she screamed from the kitchen

"What the! What's going on, mom?" I asked her observing the atmosphere.... my brother Jae, was wearing a white button up shirt which was tucked into his black pants...not his style

"Oh! Today's our anniversary " she said excitedly and seemed to blush

"We're going out for dinner! Oh and please wear something nice, we'll be having a guest." she added and continued with her work. Weird.

I just did as she told me to. I wasnt really the type to dress up... i needed to be in a particular mood for that and that mood came only once a while. We all got ready and she wore a beautiful red dress that I had never  seen. I was very excited to see my dad's reaction. But as the time came, he didn't come alone from office, but he had a woman next to him I just thought we had guests but with an uneasy expression he looked into moms eyes and said "Hi! She is..."

Jae and I just looked into his eyes, I didn't even know what was happening I couldn't even imagine what he was going to say because it didnt seem right.

"She. Is. Umm. Well. I didn't want this to happen. But it just did. Well I'm sorry. But. I felt like I just shouldn't hide it. Well. I like her. And I wish to marry her." He just ended it that way looked at all of us and then looked at the woman. Mom just collapsed onto the sofa. I was speechless and confused. It was all going good till a while ago..... i don't recall a fight or something but I dont understand how a new woman comes into the scene. I couldnt think straight. All I could do is run to her and stare. I couldn't even say it's okay cause it is NOT okay and as for Jae, he just kept looking and he was as red as moms dress And as I expected and of course anyone would, mom gave dad a 'betrayer' look and weirdly she gave the same look to the lady next to him. She came and laid a hand on moms back with a very upset face and red eyes, but mom just slapped her and screamed "Don't you dare come near me!"

I just sat on the floor and  couldn't think of what was happening and will happen. It was definitely something more than what I just witnessed. The family I cared for, and I could do anything to have my family the way it was, but then it just collapsed all of a sudden and I didn't even know what I could do to take it back to what it was.

All I could do is call my aunt. With just the two of us, Jae and I, didnt seem to be going well.

She immediately came over and things seemed to happen so fast, my aunt didn't say a thing, she just helped my mom pack her things and dad didn't do anything to stop her like is this all their love about? And that was the day we left that house.

We stayed in my aunt's house for few days and as long as we did, I never saw my mom. She didn't want to see us either, she just locked herself in a room. She just lived in complete darkness, starving herself. And as the day came where Jae and I could see her, I was the happiest person alive. She said she wanted to see us. I entered the room slowly because I was rather nervous to see her. The room didn't smell fresh. It smelled like old people and there was one dim light in the corner of the room. And we just ran to hug her and she hugged us and said "promise me you'll stay strong no matter what".