Night 2

Last night I met some wonderful new friends. When I turned off my lights I could hear their footsteps on the wood beside my bed. I can tell that they're small from the sound of their little pats on the ground but I also can tell that they're not mice because they talked to me. I couldn't understand a word they were saying but they sounded quite friendly. I think I can trust them. They can't be dangerous they're too small and innocent to do anything. They really enjoy to run around and play with each other. They sound like they're having so much fun. I wonder if they play tag or if they just run around making each other laugh. I wonder if they are telling jokes. If they do have jokes I wonder what they are and if I would get them. It makes me want to smile but I find it hard to do that. They seem to really enjoy the darkness because I didn't see them during the day. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them. I hope to see them when I turn the lights off. I bought a new journal the other day and I decided to use it to document them. I want to learn more about them but I don't think anyone else knows about them. I hope one day I'll know what they are and where they came from. I'd also like to be able to understand what they're saying I feel so left out from their activities.

I never move at night because I'm worried that he'll hear me and come hurt me. He hurts me through out the day. He uses needles and he hits me. I don't know what I did to him but he always knows what I'm doing. I feel safe in my bed though. It's nice and cozy and I have my little friends to protect me. I have to decide on a name for them. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow night. Tonight I want to enjoy the sounds of enjoyment and fun that my friends are having. Maybe one day I can be like them and play and run free during the night. I wonder how they see in this darkness. Maybe it's night vision eyes? Maybe they don't have eyes. Maybe they are like bats and use sound waves to know where everything is. Maybe they don't need any of that. Maybe they just know where everything is. I hope the noises of my friends don't attract the attention of him. I'm scared of him. He's always watching I know it. I can feel it. His presence is always here, lurking. I want to hide under my blanket but he would still find me. I can't hide from him because he will always find me and he gets mad at me when I try and hide. Sometimes when I hide he comes and grabs me from my room and puts me in the basement and locks the door.

Shivers go down my spine just thinking about him. His voice sounds like an old man who enjoys to hurt people. He's a psychopath. He cut off the power to the house when I moved in. He's taken all of my phones away. He's deprived me of everything. Every night I can hear the scratching on the walls. I can tell it's him because my friends always get scared. I always hear large footsteps running up and down the stairs. I know he wants to hurt me. He doesn't know where I am as long as I'm silent. Unless he just doesn't want me to think he knows where I am. I sleep with my door closed so I can hear if he tries to come into my room and I can hide under the bed with my friends. They'll protect me if he gets too close. They should right? That's what friends do for each other. They protect each other. I wouldn't want my friends to get killed or hurt and I'm sure they think the same way about me. It's funny how I can call them friends and I just met them last night. I didn't even meet them. They just kind of showed up. I wonder if they have blood or human body parts. I really wonder what they look like. Do they look like humans? Dogs? Mice? I really hope they look like humans because that would be really cool.

I need my medications. I can hear the voices. They're everywhere. I can't focus with these voices. They yell at me and tell me to do things. "Get out of bed" they say "You have no friends" they say. " You are fucking worthless" is what they say. This is why I can't forget to take my medication before bed. But I don't think it's the medication thats the problem. It's him. I can tell that it's him talking. He's making fun of me. He hurts me. The voices mixed with the screaming I hear makes me uncomfortable. Sometimes when I'm laying here I start to cry without even noticing for hours sometimes. I don't get very much sleep. He enjoys to keep me awake and then laugh at me during the day while I'm falling asleep all day. It makes me cry even though I'm not sad. It's too dark to see the tears but I can feel the wetness on my face. Sometimes It's soothing. Sometimes it burns. He knows when I cry. He can taste it. He can taste the saltiness. When I cry I can hear him breathing on my neck. It's warm. I can feel it right now. But I'm not crying. I can feel his hands on my shoulders. They're getting heavier and heavier. My friends aren't here yet. They lights are all off except for my lamp because I need it to write. I think I'm gonna go lay in bed and listen for my friends now. Goodnight.

[ Authors note: Hey guys! I know this story is kind of slow and the first "chapter" is pretty short but they'll get longer and longer and more interesting I promise! I hope to get a couple chapters done every 2 weeks but if I can't do that (I get distracted easily) then there will always be one chapter per week unless theres some weird circumstance that I am unable to do anything which is unlikely so I hope you enjoy and I should have a second chapter out in a few days! Thanks for reading!]