1. There Are Good people left.

I look around, taking my new surroundings in. A small, abandoned town, with rows of small, cute houses, stood in front of me. No one in sight, other than a few walkers here and there. But that's how it is now. No one in sight, and if there was a person, they were either 'dead', or someone you probably shouldn't trust.

I continue walking down the street, looking for a house to stay in for a few days. Walking down the road, I realize just how quiet it actually is. Kind of weird. The only sound there was, was the wind chimes coming from the porch of a small, white house. I'll stay in this one.

I walk up to the door, knocking on it twice to see if there was any walkers in the house. Nothing comes out, so I make my way in each room checking just in case there is a walker hiding somewhere. I walk up stairs and find a room full of books. Shelf after shelf, stacked with books. I smile and pick one up. 'The Darkest Minds.'

"Seems pretty cool." I say to myself, reading the description on the book.

I sit down and start reading, drowning out the chimes and distant groaning and moaning of near by walkers. They shouldn't get in the house, I locked the door, plus there didn't sound like there was many. I'll be okay. I think to myself. Well at least I think I locked the door. I clear my thoughts and start chapter one.

~~~~

After a about an hour of reading, I decide to get a snack and go downstairs to try and find something in the kitchen.

I search the pantry and shelves and manage to find a box of cereal. Corn Flakes. It just had to be the most bland kind of cereal. I think to myself, rolling my eyes. I guess I can't really be picky, it is the apocalypse after all.

I pour the cereal into a bowl, grab a spoon, and sit down at the table and start eating while reading again. This book is pretty good so far.

Bang!

I pause my reading and eating and look back behind me at the door.

Bang!

I get up slowly and grab my bag and knife, the only thing I had, and start to make my way to the back door.

Bang!

Bang!

I look behind me to see two walkers bust down the door. I seriously didn't even close the door all the way. Scolding at myself for being so stupid, I hurry and open the back door, running through the back yard and onto the street.

"Crap!" I whisper-scream to myself.

The whole freaking road is swarmed with walkers. A whole herd. I turn around and see that both ends of the street have walkers at them. I look at the house I was in and run across the back yard and into the woods, that was behind the house.

I run through the woods, ducking under branches and jumping over tree roots. Me being a clumsy person, I fail at trying to jump over a tree root and fall over and smacking my face of the ground. I look back behind me, seeing the walkers, surprisingly, catch up to me.

"Damn it!" I scream, trying to yank the bottoms of my pants off of the tree root, only failing.

I pull out my only gun, shooting the nearest walker, and try to pry my jeans off of the root, at the same time. Multi-tasking is not one of my strongest qualities. I said to myself, shooting down another walker.

Click.

Click.

"Are you kidding me?" I scream, throwing my hands down, and yank my pants up, trying to get it off of the root, successfully getting it off this time. I hurry to my feet, only to e yanked down again by a walker.