1

Screeching tires, headlights and a sickening crunch filled my senses as pain filled my body and I screamed out.

"Lexie!"

I jolted out of bed, covered in sweat and grabbed for my kubatan and pocket knife. I knew something was wrong when I couldn't find them, my inhaler, nor my glasses on the night stand. Something was wrong... I could see just fine... and my sister wasn't in the room. Her bed wasn't even there. My chest felt lighter, the air moving swifter without the normal struggle. My head felt slightly heavier and I noticed my skin was paler. The rain pelted the window and the tree blew around.

Wait...

I looked around and saw bland clothes in the closet, a shocking lack of my leather jackets and high top sneakers. My skateboard was nowhere in sight and the laptop on the desk was not mine, nor was the desk. Pulling up memories of the book my girlfriend loved, my eyes shot open and I jumped up, cursing the shortness of this body. With a huff I rushed to the mirror I spotted on the other side of the room and paled at what I saw.

"No... no no god no..." This was not me. This was... that girl had long hair, wavy and chestnut colored. The eyes remained mine but brown eyes were easy to come by. The skin was too pale, the breasts way to small, seeing as I went to sleep with a DDD and woke up with a B-cup. Not that I'm upset about that, but come on, I use to be 5'7...

Back to the worry...

There was no way this was my body. That meant I was dreaming...

I pinched myself and yelped in pain. Okay not a dream. Find a wallet... wallet, wallet, wallet, WALLET! I opened up the wallet I found, which was conviniantly set next to the laptop, and found a license that confirmed my fears.

"Isabella Marie Swan... oh, shit..."

A light appeared behind me and I spun around. The man was in a military uniform and I gulped, then got mad. Why the fuck was he here?!

"Attention!"

I snapped into attention, my ROTC training kicking in without me really wanting it to. I stared straight ahead despite wanting to glare at the man that dared invade this body's room.

"I'm sorry, Alexis, but this is something you need to do. Do you remember what happened?"

I sighed and he put me "at ease" while I thought. The car accident! Shit!

"How's Sarah?!"

"Let me explain. You've been switched with Isabella's soul. She occupies your body now while you occupy hers."

"So I survived that car hitting me?"

"Yes. Sarah has not left your side, but do not worry. Your lover will be alright. We have... tampered, so to say, with Isabella's soul. She is still Isabella, but with your memories. She will remember nearly everything you will. People, places, but she will be missing some. That will easily be explained with the accident."

"So... Basically, Sarah will have me, a version of me, and she won't be alone? Isabella will help her through things."

"Just as you had." He nodded. I took a moment to take in his features now that I had somewhat calmed down. He was a well built man, tall, his facial features a perfect mix of hispanic and african. His green eyes were piercing but I felt I should trust him. I nodded and he motioned for me to sit down.

"Why have I been brought here?"

"That Isabella, as you know, made serious mistakes, eventually ending in the death of another person."

I bite my lip. "Irina..." I always thought Irina had been completely misunderstood. She was just scared, and had a knee jerk reaction due to her mother's death.