All alone

My birthday is in a week and I have no one to celebrate it with except a bunch of zombies.  By the way, my name is Isabella, and I grew up on my own with no parents, no friends, no one. My guess is that my parents were to leave me to die when I was a baby, guess they thought I couldn't survive. But I am alive in a forest all alone. I am only 14 you know, and it's not easy stabbing dead people all day and all night. I am sick of it and literally sick, I have a cold and I really need some clean water, but I can't seem to find any. I have searched for other people, real people to take care of me, but it is no use. But I  have decided to look deeper, it is a big risk and I am going to leave, what I call home, but hopefully it will all be worth it. I decided I could stay one more night and leave in the morning. I got all my stuff together and went to bed. In the morning I woke up early and bright to the sound of gun shots being fired. I ran out and thought "hope" could be waiting for me. I followed the sound of the gun, passed by a few walkers but they didn't see me. I could hear that I was getting closer. I ran faster stabbing some more walkers. Then I immediately stopped in terror as I saw a huge mob of walkers right in front of me and the person who was shooting was on the other side. Most of them looked at me as I looked at them in fear. They were starting to come towards me. I didn't know what to do so I stabbed one by one. There were still about 15 of them and my knife is not doing so well. So I decided maybe I could run around them to get to the person on the other side. I finally got around them with some struggle but the person was not there. "Great, just great," I said. So I ran toward the direction the person might have went and as I run I can see something in the distance. As I get closer I notice a shelter. "Yay, I said on the inside." But I am still stuck with the zombies behind me. I call for help but no one came out so I figured, I am just going to have to kill these things on my own. So I am trying to do by best with and almost broken knife, until it finally broke. I was so frightened and didn't know what to do. I fell to the ground on walker on me and another next to me trying to eat my hair. I scream "Help please!" As tears roll down my face. As I almost get bitten I hear gun shots again. Who ever it was was helping me. They killed the ones on me, so I was able to get up. I ran towards the shelter while they were shooting. Eventually the shooting stopped and all walkers were dead. I cheered and yelled to the person, "Hello!" They ran up to me and said, "Keep your voice down we don't want any more of those things." I kept my mouth shut after that and the people let us in. I could finally have some relaxation and make some friends.