Welcome Home (Touka x Kaneki fanfic)

This fic takes place after :RE Chapter 61
This is my first fic, BTW. Please be gentle

ENJOY!

It was already late, but the shop was still open, but empty. With no hesitation, Kaneki pushed the door open and entered the shop.

No one was there to greet him welcome but he noticed that there was Touka on one of the tables wih her head laying on the table, sleeping. He notices that she is exhausted since she didn't hear the door bell ring.

"Today must've been a busy day."

Kaneki thought to himself.

Suddenly, it started to rain hard. The shop was later filled with cold air.

He took off his coat and placed it over her shoulders to warm the blue-haired woman. Just as he was about to release the coat, he notices that her hand is holding something: It was the little rabbit keychain that he gave on her birthday.

Touka moans as she feels a presence before her. She slowly opens her eyes, but before she noticed it was him, she gets out of the chair and apologizes for slacking off.

"I'm very sorry, today was just really tiresome."

The blue-haired woman said as she lowered her head. She sees that the rabbit she was holding was still on the table.

She raised her head and reached the keychain. As she had her hand over the rabbit, the man before her placed his hand on her.

"Touka-chan..."

Her eyes widen as if she recognized the voice.

She looked up and saw him. Her face was filled with shock as she tries to believe that this was not a dream.

"Kaneki?"

She places her hand on his cheek.

"What happened?"

"I'm home."

He looked into Touka's eyes as he was telling the truth. A tear rolls down on her cheek as she was filled with happiness.

She let's go of the rabbit and rushed towards Kaneki and buried her face in his chest. She started crying as she has waited for this moment for a long time.

"We have been waiting. I have been waitng, Kaneki"

Kaneki hugs her tight, and places his head on her own.

"I missed you... so much"

She looked up and engaged a kiss. Without a moment to lose, Kaneki returns the favor.

They were locked in a passionate kiss, never letting go of each other as the heavy rain grew even heavier outside.

~END~