Chapter 1

I've finally arrived. The Sun-Drown place. Back home in the forest, many cats spoke of a place where there was salty water, prey running everywhere, and the sun supposedly getting swallowed by the water.

Oh! Excuse me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Robin. I'm a loner who lived back at the forest. I had a mate named Jay and a kit named Reed. But... they tragically died by a monster... Jay and I dreamed of going to this "paradise land" to raise our kit. Even though he's gone now, I'm still going to fulfill our dream! I know Jay and Reed are watching me and hoping for me to live a great life here.

I padded behind a bush and spotted a mouse nibbling on nuts that probably fell from a tree. My stomach grumbled. I never noticed how hungry I was until I saw the mouse! I guess a little meal wouldn't hurt. I mean, I was traveling for a long time.

Hunching onto the soft, warm ground, I made no sound whatsoever. About to spring, the mouse ran away into it's burrow. What!? Did it see me?

"DANGIT!" I heard a voice. I lowered my self even further, trying to stay hidden. Jumping out was a gray tom. He looked younger than me. I think he's about... 6 moons old? "I almost got him!" I smiled. He looked awfully like Reed. "Tailpaw!" I heard another voice nearby. "Like I've told you before, if you don't catch any piece of
prey today Dimstar WILL make you a medicine cat apprentice." Oh, his name must be Tailpaw. But... what's a medicine cat apprentice... and who's Dimstar? "I swear! I'll catch prey by sun-down! Just go back to camp and wait! I'll surprise you!" He seemed so eager to catch a piece of prey. Maybe I'll go get one for him... I mean it wouldn't hurt.

Walking out behind the bush, I started to introduce myself. "Hello! My name is Robin!" My words appeared to mak him jump. Did he not sense me? Or did me just popping out of nowhere frighten him? "O-oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"W-who are you?! W-why are you on our territory!? If-if you don't get off... I'll claw your eyes out!" Territory!? No cat has told me about territory! "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"Oh, what's the use... It's not like I'm strong enough anyway... Whitefern is right... I should just be a medicine cat apprentice." Oh no! Now I'm just hurting people left and right." No, no! Y-you're strong, you just need to practice. They shouldn't be rushing you're training!..... You're training, right?"

Tailpaw burst out in laughter. "You're the goofiest she-cat I've seen yet!" I blushed in embarrassment. Goofy? "But you still need to leave this territory." I dragged my paws on the ground. "Err... Can you show me around the place? I'm planning on living here." Tailpaw gave me a 'wtf bitch' look. "Uh, the whole sun-drown place is our territory. OH WHAT!? "H-hey, we can make a deal... if you let me into your territory, I can catch you prey. I saw you didn't want to be a "medicine cat" or whatever it's called and-"

"You have a deal!"

"Wow! Really?" I thought he wasn't going to accept. I mean, there was a large chance of this not happening but... "I will show you where to sleep, and where good prey is at. Just don't get caught. And meet me here before the sun rises. That is when I can hunt. But make sure to be hidden." How exciting!