❀ 0 ❀

"Jesus Christ, Cry..."

Ryan's eyes slowly opened and he tilted his head up to see the person who had stopped next to him. He offered only a small grin to the blond boy and gave his shoulders a heavy shrug, pushing away from the cold bars he was leaning against to stand.

They both already knew the cause of the marks on his skin and the blood dripping from his nose, and they both knew that the cause of Ryan's shaking arms wasn't a result of the cold.

"Sorry..." He offered, ruffling the short cut brown hair on his head.

The blond said nothing, shaking his head and jumping up on the bars, using them as a seat. Ryan stared at his own frosty breath as the two slipped into a comfortable silence. He was trying to come up with words, and the teenager next to him understood that without needing to be told.

He knew Ryan so well.

"I'm uh-, I'm skipping town." He muttered, a gloved hand wiping at his nose. The blond snorted as the blood smudged across his cheek, and offered him a small packet of tissues.

"Tonight?"

"Tonight," Ryan confirmed. "And I'm not coming back." The blond nodded slowly, looking towards his best friend with a small, confident grin.

"If this is what you wanna do then you know I'm with you all the way."

Ryan smiled widely, nodding his head. There was relief, that trembling fear deep in his chest evaporated and he nodded. 

"Well, go grab a bag and pack your things, asshole."

"That's sir asshole to you."

"Whatever, Felix." He laughed.