Chapter 1

Brand New Story!! I hope you all like it. I have been going back and forth trying to figure out what I was to do with this plot bunny and vwahlah here it is. Please tell me what you think and anything I can improve. Thanks!

This story is written to the song Mirror by Lil Wayne featuring Bruno Mars

Hint: If you dont know the song, you can look up the lyrics just in case you don't understand the end of this chapter. I put the music video by the side. Check it out if you can.

Check out the pics on the side too :)

~~~~~~~~~~~XxX~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dull eyes stared back at a pair in exact likeness. Heavy bags sagged beneath the hollow depths, portraying the unbearable fatigue that plagued her.

With a heavy sigh, Rachel lifted her frail looking hand to her face and deftly applied concealer to her pale skin. With an artist's grace, she decorated and concealed the bruises that were still painfully etched on her cheeks.

Another day. Another start.

Releasing another sigh, she headed towards her closet and when she emerged, she was clothed in a large dark violet hoodie that dwarfed her thin frame and dark jeans that hung loosely from her legs.

The dark clad girl entered the hall and was relieved when she didn't hear a single noise emanate from anywhere in the house and thanked every and any god there was when she saw that her father had left for work early that morning.

She slipped out of the house, grabbing an apple and her backpack on the way and headed off to school. The walk to school was somber and uneventful. The clear sky and dainty clouds created a light-hearted atmosphere while the crisp autumn breeze made it feel comfortable and welcoming.

The smallest smile graced Rachel's features. Escape. To be out of that wretched house and away from him was enough of an escape for her. Even the taunting and ridicule she received at school was better in comparison.

Rachel was fine with being an outcast. She enjoyed the time to herself and liked knowing no one was around to torment her at the drop of a nail. She reveled in the music she blasted through her ear buds to rid herself of the outside world and the silence she surrounded herself by, a pleasant contrast to the yelling and verbal assault she received daily. She marveled in the feeling of solitude and loved being able to settle down with a good book. And up until now, no one could make her feel otherwise.

The dark clad girl approached her usual spot and dug a book out of her backpack while also taking a bite out of the apple she grabbed before leaving the house.

This was one of the best mornings she has had in months. But with all good things in her life, it was short lived. A high pitched snicker, or cackle more like, pierced the air surrounding her, forcing her to look up from her book and into the awaiting face of her only enemy and her half-witted cronies.

Katelyn "Kitten" Moth sneered down at Rachel, with a petty sort of hate gleaming in her powder blue eyes. Her baby blond tresses billowed down her shoulders in soft waves. And her thin, pink-painted lips were set in a hateful scowl.

Rachel looked up at her with her ever present facade of indifference painted over her features. Her eyes held Kitten's glare and gave no sign of backing down. Finally, already tired of the silent stare off they had been engaged in for the past few seconds, Kitten spoke.

"Look at what we have here, the low life loser and her boyfriend the book." Rachel scowled deeply at the blonde.

It was a fact that where ever Kitten went, her cronies always flanked her side.