The Leisure Life

Normal people have alarm clocks to wake them up in the morning I have something else.

Feeling a warm fuzzy being rubbing against my face, I yawned and groaned before turning the other way. The animal did not give up yet, in fact it started to paw at my morning bed head until I pushed it off my bed, but that did not stop it. He jumped onto my bed, and started to nibble on my face; pawing and scratching at my head before a let out a frustrated sigh and sat up.

Every morning I'd be greeted by my gray tabby cat (he looked more Siamese than tabby). His triangular shaped face, pressed it against mine as I sat cross legged in my bed to stretch. Acting like a dog, his sandpaper like tongue licked my cheek as I threw my legs off the edge of the bed to dangle before I decided to get a shower.

As my feet dangled, I pressed them onto the warm wooden floor beneath my feet as I stood up. My companion found himself on my shoulder as I accompanied him to his food bowl where he had fresh food laying in his dish from the night before. His green eyes stared into mine as he hopped from my shoulder to the floor to feast on the cat food in his bowl that crunched every time he chewed.

Knowing that that would keep him occupied while I showered, I ran into the bathroom after taking a scan on the time of morning it was. It was 5:15 which meant I had half an hour to shower, do my hair and make-up, eat breakfast, and get back to the bathroom for last minute touches before I'd have to drive to school.

I turned the shower on and slipped out of my undergarments before stepping into the shower to wash myself. After washing my hair, I turned the shower off, grabbed a towel out of the closet in the bathroom and wrapped one around my body and the other to dry my hair.

Staring into the mirror, I pulled out my giant box of makeup as well as my make-up bag from under the sink. Applying a primer on my eyes, I began to brush a coat of white eye shadow on my lid. After that I brushed a black onto the outer portion of my eye and lighter browns along the lid and crease of my eye to create a smokey look. Nearly finished, I take a light shimmery white color and apply it to my brow bone to highlight my eye brows. Next, I brush a gel liner close to my lash line to create a winged eyeliner. Lastly, I apply glue to false lashes and wait until its tacky to press close to my lashes. An extra step I use to make the lashes more natural is to use an eyelash curler to bring your eyelashes and false lashes together. Also, I like to go over the existing eyeliner again to make the existing eyeliner to appear darker.

After I finish my makeup, majority of my hair is dry, but a bit of it is still damp. Grabbing a bottle of Biosilk, I take the smallest amount in my hands and run it throughout my hair to help keep the split ends away. Now that the product is in my hair, I blow dry my hair straight and run down the stairs into the kitchen to pour a bowl of cereal.