damaged.

" don't listen to other people, you do you ,life is to short so don't have any regrets ".

those where the last words from my mother before she passed . before she passed she had been battling with cancer for years.

walking out the room as they covered her up ,a cold tear fell from my eye. as I walked out the room all I could think of was ,what was I going to do now.

nobody could treat me like her. no matter how much they tried ,they could never replace her laugh or her beautiful smile. her warm tight hugs would make you forget about that kid that alwayas talks about you at school . in her arms  it was like I wasn't thinking about nothing but , wishing it would never end.

eventually I made it to the lobby of the hospital but,  it was cold and raining so I only made it as far  as the lobby chair. I pulled out a cigarette and a lighter ,to drown out all my sorrows. after the first puff I felt a hand on my shoulder . behind that hand came a voice of a grown man standing 6ft. tall .

"young man read the sign on the wall". I looked up and it had a big red x on a cigarette ,it also read at the bottom that all participants of this act shall be escorted. I quickly put up both items and walked out of the front door.

luckly there was o small sheltered area  where doctors took a break through the day. it was windy ,wet,and cold but it didn't matter at the time.  the area was empty and there wasn't a single person in site . so , I sat back wrapped up n my jacket and smoked my cigarettes . after a while I figured about an hour had passed, so I dumped my last butt and walked back into the hospital to use a pay phone.

i didn't know who to call ,or where to go . my options where limited to grandma or my older brother. which i had no problem considering i had no where to go , but at his house it was constantly a party . no time to chill and gather your thoughts. 

but at my sister house  it was the total opposite, it was quiet and  collected , but it was too stern . with four kids ,she was always strict about schedules. im not to good at keeping time ,so im guessing my brother is my only option . 

(dialing the number) 

hello?

all u hear in the back ground is talking and loud  screaming .

hell-llllo?

yo? what a minute who is this?

hey, Devin listen to me , Devin ? hello?

yea, man whats up?

hey, listen mom died and i need a ride to your house.

i know  it sounded kind of harsh that i asked for a ride to somebody house,even thought some people would be upstairs standing over there now deceased mom. 

but life goes on.

what? mom tried?

no mom died!

what ? how ,when and why didn't u let me know what was going on ? 

i was trying to get my words together and keep the tear back, but before i knew it the phone had hung up.

so i turned around and walked toward the front door of the hospital .