Best Story Ever Written

The commas and periods sat neatly on the page, as they awaited the Punctuation’s verdict on the semi colon. They booed and heckled the half breed, knowing they were safe from  retaliation whilst he was serving a lengthy sentence constrained under a paragraph.

An appeal he made, claiming discrimination, there was no just clause why he been sent away. He was just an apostrophe they said, an abomination weighted by his ball and chain.

Sadness overwhelmed the Semi, as he thought about the spell he spent in the grammar with the other puncs and fragments.

Hyphen sat by him as he always did, making fun of the dash. Words spread the news of the judging, bringing in various unscrupulous characters, such as Hash and Ampersand. Hash rolled the contents in this lap and lit it. Ampersand, telling never-ending stories about his brother 'And'. Etc. told him to quieten down before he shortened his stature. Semi felt reassured with his legal representative, the Question mark. Known for his inquisitive nature, he started on the offensive with rhetorical questions,  never stopping to recieve an answer.  A large thin character arose and made a loud point; the exclamation mark, his reputation definitely preceded him. He was forever moaning he felt daily prejudice against him; never placed at the front of the clause but always at the back.